Craig Whyte: I brought Charles Green in to buy Rangers

Whyte was an irrelevance as far as a newco purchase was concerned, administrators had full power to sell the business and assets.

Obviously, but Whyte got them appointed thinking he would get his wish and own the other side of, patently somewhere along the line the relationship turned sour.

Also of note in the interview is Whytes' claim that he told Doncaster and Topping in October that administration or worse was inevitable because they did nothing to prepare for the shit hitting the fan yet in the full knowledge of what was going to happen got Rod McKenzie of Harper McLeod to re-write the SPL rules in December. Ergo Doncaster and Topping cause untold financial damage to their employers.

Obviously, but Whyte got them appointed thinking he would get his wish and own the other side of, patently somewhere along the line the relationship turned sour.

Also of note in the interview is Whytes' claim that he told Doncaster and Topping in October that administration or worse was inevitable because they did nothing to prepare for the shit hitting the fan yet in the full knowledge of what was going to happen got Rod McKenzie of Harper McLeod to re-write the SPL rules in December. Ergo Doncaster and Topping cause untold financial damage to their employers.

As low as my opinion of them is I still can't take Whyte's word for it.

Try to keep it civil at least please Allan. I've read the whole thread I don't see any need to pull gunslinger up. The truth of the matter is that none of us actually know who's taking pish in all of this ongoing mess. Personally, I think a lot of the parties who've been involved have told big fat porky pies. I can't wait for the day when we get to some sort of normality and aren't being bombarded by bullshit from world class bullshitters. It would be nice to have people running the club who don't talk shite every other time they open their cake hole.

Thought I was keeping it civil, believe me I reigned in the post I was going to make.

Bottom line is you can't have guys coming on claiming things are this or that without proving those claims, that just makes us as bad as the muppets we are debating about.

Personally I've given up trying to second guess what's happening here.

I don't believe any of those involved and my only concern is that those responsible for the liquidation of the oldco and the current situation facing the football club are held to account.

Craig Whyte is one of those. As are Sir David Murray and LBG. I hope all rot in hell.

Edited by Frankie

Even if some of it is correct, who would believe him.

Also the media outlet/ interviewer must raise questions, why now?

Takes the spotlight off Craig Levein and the SFA for now, wonder how long the BBC have been holding on to that interview and when they planned to broadcast it?

I remember Green having a pop at those in charge of Scottish football and the state it was in long before he arrived (failure to qualify for major comps etc)

As for Whyte he looked like he was making things up in that interview.

Why now and Who benefits?

Takes the heat of SFA over Avril and the qualifiers mess. Takes the heat off the SPL over falling attendances (although I read that Dhoncaster says we have the best attendances in Europe per head of population). SPL clubs admitting they will make a loss this year. Throws a spanner in the works of the share issue.

Everybody except Rangers.

as owner, I'm sure he knows almost everyone.

So as majority shareholder?

I'm sure he does know almost everyone but just because John Brown and him come up with crap doesn't mean it's true. I'm sure loads of journalists know everybody and the fact that none are going with a Whyte still owns the club shows the level of credibility that his comments are held.

The fact that you are still regurgitating them shows a lack of objectivity on your part as well, I'm afraid.