a job for the RST?

Frankie,

i dont know what you think of this, but there seems to be a lot of confusion between pro-murray and anti-murray groups (surely represented in the RST's members) as to exactly how much murray has put in and taken out of rangers. there's loads of speculation, loads of strong feeling - but very little in the way of fact.

would it be worthwhile for the rst to get in a forensic accountant just to clear the whole issue up, with a view to safeguarding murray's name or whatever? something that was clear and factual so there would be no more debate between rival factions who think murray is our saviour and those who think he's the anti-christ.

has he single handedly given us all his money, or has he turned a profit from rangers? this would clear all that up.

I think one problem is, the answer can't fully be given till DM sells his shares and we find out what he gets for them...

true, but you could still consider everything up until now, and make decent projections on what he would get.

for instance, "if murray gets 50 mil for the shares, he would lost 5 million in his tenure here" or whatever.

Yes, that's true, we could put a few scenarios of how much he would make or lose depending on the share price and people could work out the rest for themselves.

yup, i think this would be a fairly good idea. del made a good point though that this kind of investigation into murray may lose all the ground the RST has gained with him.

It's an interesting point and we do now have an accountant on our board.

However, as well all know even accountants disagree on some issues and even the very best of them often find it hard to dig too deeply into Rangers (and specifically MIH's) accounts.

I'll maybe have a word in his ear and see if such an exercise is possible.

It's an interesting point and we do now have an accountant on our board.

However, as well all know even accountants disagree on some issues and even the very best of them often find it hard to dig too deeply into Rangers (and specifically MIH's) accounts.

I'll maybe have a word in his ear and see if such an exercise is possible.

good stuff frankie, cheers! :thup:

The accounts are published each year for Rangers and MIH so we can use these (albeit probably sanitised) version to analyse his fiscal contribution.

But generally regarding his 'input', I'm sure you're right... ;)

aye, i think you're right frankie. when i used to be into shares i remember looking into how honest they had to be in the release of their figures, and it seems to be pretty strictly regulated. anyone with shares in either rangers or mih should have a pretty full outline of the figures.