Bears Abroad - My contribution to Rangers

Hi Lads, just a brief one to say that yes there is a massive support from afar. I know there is now quite a few on here who post from all corners of the globle but multi regulars like Craig, Pete, Dan and Bears spring to mind.

I get the impression that people think us from afar dont see and give as much as those nearby. I just want to say that cant be further from thruth.

This year I was having thoughts about losing a massive thing that has brought so much to my life. Rangers almost dissapeard! My first Rangers game at at Ibrox was in 1989 when my dad took me to a 1-0 opening defeat by St Mirren. I then moved in Englerland and was then back north of the border by 1994. By then I was 15 and regularly taking the train down from Aberdeen to witness the best Rangers ever seen! Laudrup, Gascoigne and Albertz on the naked eye! For me those 3 stand out and always will as the absolute best!

5 years on I got my first season ticket. It was in the Club Deck and despite the back reviews I'll never regret it and would happily go back there if the day comes I live in UK again. That year I was blasted by joy - Advocaats team was on fire and Michael Mols was making Laudrup feel like a memory. It was an absolute joy to see that Rangers team.....they were without any shadow of doubt on par with Europes finest.

Work gave me the gift of traveling to some far out places and it meant I didnt continue my season ticket...and then I felt myself living at the ither side of the globe. However this made me feel a bigger Rangers fan because I was continuously asked who I supported.....it eventually died off or perhaps I got used to it....

We can debate 2009-2011 all we like but 2012 hit us and Rangers was a risk....the establishment, team and life that I followed since I was a boy...I have beer mats off this team, 20 strips in the loft......how can that just go

Charles Green came to town and I felt good about him when many Bears didnt.....a few players made statements and instantly I knew - twats!

Ally McCoist did wonders as an ambassador and got Rangers throught that time. But is he the man on the park???

But My Rangers were in Div 3 and needed every support they get....Obviously how do fans abroad do this....they rely on the average Govan Allan to do it for them. Not me! Rangers gave me immense everything in the 90s....so I had to give it back.

Two good Rangers fan now share a ST at Ibrox as part of my pocket......they will be part of the revolution.......

WATP

:drink::drink:

Edited by Gribz

Thought you might have been 3 sheets at the time. :)

Cheers. I'll get you a season ticket next season if circumstances are still the same. Not paying your flights from strathaven though. And you are on the same page as me that Super Ally shouldnt be..blah blah...

I'll give you the unofficial award for being best newcomer to this site.....

Andy Townsend and Ray Wilkins on the Premier league show now...get the baldy one at Ibrox now in a swap with our baldy one.