Extent of litter problem in Barcelona today?

We last played in Barcelona five years ago. The Rangers travelling support was estimated at between 25,000-30,000. I believe it remains a record for an away support in a CL group match. Despite such numbers, no arrests. This fact disappointed BBC Scotland in particular and they scratched around for a negative angle.

The Admin' of well known Yahoo website resides in Barcelona, his wife is a Catalan native. She e-mailed BBC Radio Scotland's Tom Morton, he was hosting his early afternoon music show. Her correspondence was read out on air, "the litter being generated by the largely drunk Rangers support is appaling. The wonderful centre piece of the city, the placa de catalunya is being trashed".

Unsurprisingly, the next few hours of newsbullitins lead with the item on the extent of litter being generated in Barcelona.

I wonder if Radio Scotland will provide regular updates on Barca's litter today?

Was this the time the headline was "Dear Rangers, please never visit Barcelona again" that went on to brand us wife-beating, street pissing, pub robbing beggars?

Yep.

BBC Scotland kept a cameraman and Chris McLaughlin in Barca the next day. They filmed said wife in the placa de Catalunya(already cleaned and cleared) and she was given 2-3 minutes to level her accusations. McLaughlin pointed out there had been no arrests. She became incensed, she had witnessed several cases of public urination, a Rangers supporter punch his wife/partner, and a bar had been trashed. All unsubstantiated.

For the record.. I was more pissed off at what Messi said after the game about us playing anti-football.

That particular quote came after the Ibrox 0-0 draw.

The anti-football quote originated from the then Barca manager after they drew 0-0 with ra Sellik in the Nou Camp 2002.

For the record.. I was more pissed off at what Messi said after the game about us playing anti-football.

rijkaard said the same about celtic a few years earlier. :D he was only a daft wee boy who couldnt get a kick so let his frustrations rule his mouth. silly but he was probably right.

Well I did piss in the stairwell of the carpark across the street so I will hold my hands up on that one, but I did made sure no señorita could see my tackle.

Find it strange this woman was complaining about guys getting their tackle out when 2hrs later walking down the Las Ramblas it was taking me all my time to stop some ladies from pulling it back out, and their pals from dipping my pockets from the other side.

Of course litter will be dropped. When an area has an influx of people shit is going to happen. It happens everywhere - concerts, cinema, football grounds etc.

What does she expect?

Did she mention the pickpocketers who steal off tourists?