Charles Green meeting yesterday

You can disagree with anyone on here - apart from admin of course... ;)

The reason I ask about renewals is that if a large portion of the 37,000 are renewals (and I suspect they are) then that suggests continuing loyalty as the main factor for sales as opposed to defiance, success or cheaper prices.

maybe, maybe frankie. :thup:

signing players who speak english should have been a minimum requirement. players who have played in the lower leagues another. players with resale values another requirement given our present and future business model. there is 3 basic requirements which next to none of allys signings satisfy. we are throwing away thousands per week on guys like sandaza, black, cribari, kyle faure and argyriou when we could have went out, done our homework, done our jobs right and been more clever. we took the easy route. the costliest route. the rangers route sadly.

the only thing our players have suffered is embarassment and shame with allys useless tactics.

Your aims are somewhat off, it seems. Sandaza has played for years, comes on a free, is re-sellable. Faure's command of English is not known to me, yet he comes on a free and is re-sellable. Argyriou's command of English is not known to me, he comes on a free and is re-sellable. The only people who fall under your microscope are Kyle, he is no better than a squad-player (something we need for these 12 months) and Cribari. The latter's command of English is unknown to me and he sure has no great sell-on value. Your argument above, IMHO, falls flat on its face, for it is exactly 2 players of that list who do not match up.

Your aims are somewhat off, it seems. Sandaza has played for years, comes on a free, is re-sellable. Faure's command of English is not known to me, yet he comes on a free and is re-sellable. Argyriou's command of English is not known to me, he comes on a free and is re-sellable. The only people who fall under your microscope are Kyle, he is no better than a squad-player (something we need for these 12 months) and Cribari. The latter's command of English is unknown to me and he sure has no great sell-on value. Your argument above, IMHO, falls flat on its face, for it is exactly 2 players of that list who do not match up.

none of them meet the 3 criteria together, none.

Any player who comes on a free has a resale value it might not be much but its more than you payed for him. The ability to talk English really what difference does it make some players like to shout and scream some don't, Ive watched Rangers defences who spoke perfect English get into the same trouble as ones who cant, and you would rather have a player who has never played at a higher level than the Div we find ourselves in.

In the normal run of business I don't think we’d have signed those players as they are not good enough in my opinion (as mainstays of the team) to win the SPL. However, they were signed to win division 3 and we were limited in our attraction as such. Hopefully we have enough talent in the youths to make a team that can do so.

When you look at our squad, outside what could almost be seen as our second choice youths, we have hardly any players to even make up a whole team – especially with the injuries we had to those few. We are relying on youth and even in the 7-0 game I counted 10 home grown players and 6 brought-in seniors in the squad.

That score-line suggests we have enough talent for the job, but the number of inexperienced players shows we have the potential to be inconsistent. Experience can be a great equaliser which is why Wier did so well for so many years against talented youngsters.

I think our squad is neither particularly rubbish nor particularly great, and we’re probably getting about as much out of them as you’d expect. I can’t see us winning the third division by less than double figures but I also can’t see us thrashing teams in every game or avoiding some less than pleasing results and performances – especially against SPL teams.

I can’t blame the management for the squad we have as I think under the circumstances they’ve done about as well as you could expect. I am disappointed we didn’t bring in a few more experienced players and disagree with CG that managers always want more. That may be true, but in this case I don’t believe Ally was asking for more than what was really needed to cope with injuries and individual poor form – and he’s been proven correct there in my eyes.

The squad is as it is though, and we can’t change it for a year, but I do think that the younger players will improve quite a bit with the experience of each game and the team will benefit from this enormously. Even good, experienced players play worse when their team-mates aren’t playing well or confidently so I can see our team getting a lot better over the season – with the caveat that there will be the odd step backwards.

Any player who comes on a free has a resale value it might not be much but its more than you payed for him. The ability to talk English really what difference does it make some players like to shout and scream some don't, Ive watched Rangers defences who spoke perfect English get into the same trouble as ones who cant, and you would rather have a player who has never played at a higher level than the Div we find ourselves in.

thats not true though, is it? you dont get a return on all players. god we went through a decade of paying players off because we couldnt sell them.

speaking the same tongue as your team mates is vital, obviously. this is not a cmputer game, it is real. maybe those defences you watched were just poor players?

no, we could have went to division one, division two, the conference league and paid players less than what we are paying ours now.