No TOR or other IP anonymizing on the forum please

Folks, I need to point out that we don't allow the use of TOR, proxy connections or other anonymizers here, so please post using your actual IP addresses. Anyone who signs up for Gersnet with a false IP address and continues to mask their real IP will be considered as taking the mickey. Thanks.

you do have to wonder why someone would do that. something to hide perhaps?

It's not that we condemn the use of anonymizing tools in general, it's just that we can't allow them here or someone who's already been banned 3 times (just for example ;) ) can just keep signing back up.

It's not that we condemn the use of anonymizing tools in general, it's just that we can't allow them here or someone who's already been banned 3 times (just for example ;) ) can just keep signing back up.

got you mate. i have no clue what it is or what i would do with it, thankfully. :D

What's a TOR?

Tim On Remand?

It's actually an acronym of The Onion Router :D

Was heavily used when Iran was cracking down on election protestors, can be useful against fascist governments/dictators but I'm not sure it's required for Gersnet ;)

TOR was actually a programme made by pedophiles to hide what they are doing online. From what I know it's the most secure proxy you can get.

I have used it for online banking in a few countries

You sure it's tor? I thought tor had US government origin and is more open source now.

You sure it's tor? I thought tor had US government origin and is more open source now.

Not 100% but I used to mess about on 4chan when it first started and the guys on there "anonymous" told me that info