Did I hear the 'pundits' during the England game say that Australia are the only Commonwealth country to beat England? When did Scotland, Wales and NI get thrown out the commonwealth?

W@nks...:D

Cammy F

did they not say something about scotland during the sweden game?

something like , for those of you ins cotland I apoligise for the neccesary anglo-somehting attitude , theres a little mention to make up for it

no where near word for word , but something roughly along those vague lines

Guest jezzy

the itv pundits at the world cup execpt mccoist and the wonder that is gabby logan have been nothing short of shite but what do you expect this is the same channel that brings us car crash tv in the way of scotsport spl

Too many pundits i think are trying to immitate motson in the way that they just try and fill voids by spewing shite about things they think will be interesting to the viewers.

People like clive tildsley (sp) IMO is one of the best because he doesnt drone on about england or the premiership ALL the time. Takes time to research random players details and stats etc.

Soon as Motson gets given the shove/ kicks the bucket i think commentary standards will improve.

Too many pundits i think are trying to immitate motson in the way that they just try and fill voids by spewing shite about things they think will be interesting to the viewers.

People like clive tildsley (sp) IMO is one of the best because he doesnt drone on about england or the premiership ALL the time. Takes time to research random players details and stats etc.

Soon as Motson gets given the shove/ kicks the bucket i think commentary standards will improve.

I have to disagree strongly with this. Tyldesley is as partisan a commentator there is. He's so pro England it's nauseating.

The only commentator ITV have I like is Peter Drury. He does mention English stuff from time to time, but he's incredibly articulate, doesn't sound horribly partisan, and describes the beautiful game in a manner befitting of it.