the rangers prospectus

My 1st impression is that its aim more at Business investors rather than the punters.

Your average punter really doesn't care about growth potential etc - they just want a piece of their club. However, a Business investor will be looking at possible, planned growth as they will be wanting a return (at some point) on their investment - the more the company grows, the higher their return.

A draft hopefully. IMHo very unspecific too and perhaps aimed at a broader audience than "just" Rangers supporters. I would assume that you will get "normal" people with serious money easier involved if you speak of possible dividends ... and it remains to be seen what percentage of investment these sort of people bring in. I for one doubt that it will be that much.

While it sure makes neat reading, continually comparing us with the likes of ManU, Real, or Bayern is stretching it a "little".

why? could any of them take 20000 fans to an away match in a different country or a quarter of a million fans to a european final?

why? could any of them take 20000 fans to an away match in a different country or a quarter of a million fans to a european final?

Most likely ... for the one-off occasions you refer to. Would have to dig out the waiting list for Bayern's CL cup final in Munich last May. The point remains that the general interest in Rangers FC is not as great as in those teams mentioned.

Edit: there 65k alone in the Olympic Stadium in Munich that night, 30k more for the Theresienwiese, they had applications well beyond 100k for the finale itself.

Edited by der Berliner

Most likely ... for the one-off occasions you refer to. Would have to dig out the waiting list for Bayern's CL cup final in Munich last May. The point remains that the general interest in Rangers FC is not as great as in those teams mentioned.

Edit: there 65k alone in the Olympic Stadium in Munich that night, 30k more for the Theresienwiese, they had applications well beyond 100k for the finale itself.

But it was held in Munich. Would Bayern have taken 250,000 supporters if the final had been held in say, Austria? However, I do think your general point is well made and the reality is that the football in Scotland is viewed worldwide as a bit of a joke. We just will never be able to compete with the Man U's, Real barca etc due to their international TV exposure. That is one of the reasons that i am so keen for us to get an international brand for our kit sponsor. At least in that way we could expect to see the Rangers tops in an Adidas store.

But it was held in Munich. Would Bayern have taken 250,000 supporters if the final had been held in say, Austria?

Just as a sidenote, Manchester is not exactly in a different country and there were Bluenoses there from all over Britain. It would have not mattered if the finale had been anywhere in Germany ... as you can see when e.g. Bayern happens by for the German cup final in Berlin, which is farther away than Austria. They have as much support in Germany as e.g. ManU has in the UK. Anyway, you followed my line of thought. Those reading the prospectus - unwittingly - may like the comparison to these teams, of course.