Jings - Leggoland

Gosh, you really have been mis-informed. The reason that we were supporting TBK was because they came to us to explain their plans. Any opposition to Bill Miller was nothing to do with his nationality, it was his newco plan. The banners at Ibrox were nothing to do with the RST, why don't you speak to the man who paid for them and tell him he is an embarrassment, As for your point about the others having moved on from the RST, I believe they are all still members but being on the Board takes up quite a lot of spare time.

Nice try. So after bitterly opposing the Rangers board of directors for years, the RST decided to back unquestioningly a bid headed up by an ex-director with 4 years service on the RFC board "because he came to see you"? Bless!

If you/RST/FF didn't oppose Miller on the basis of his natiinality, the banner shouldn't have mentioned it. Whoever paid for it (and I understand it was a very well-known FF user and close friend of MD) did embarrass himself in financing such an unwise banner, as I suspect you know very well.

The other ex-board members are still RST members, I'm sure, but not one is seen to be involved in any RST-backed fund-raising schemes, unlike MD (and the other two long-standing board members, come to that).

Answer me one question, honestly if you can. Do you think the continued presence on the RST board of Mark Dingwall has a positive or a negative effect on any recruitment drive? In other words, would more fans join if MD stayed or went?

yanks but no yanks is clearly a play on words. the notion its racist just daft. i think we can all see that if were being HONEST.

If you don't want a banner or slogan to appear racist, it should not mention the ethnic origin or nationality of the person at whom it is aimed. The banner in question did so, thus it was/is racist.

I can repeat this all night if you like.

If you don't want a banner or slogan to appear racist, it should not mention the ethnic origin or nationality of the person at whom it is aimed. The banner in question did so, thus it was/is racist.

or it could just be so people know who its aimed at.

would it be racist to say the big yank at the back had a great game today.

Nice try. So after bitterly opposing the Rangers board of directors for years, the RST decided to back unquestioningly a bid headed up by an ex-director with 4 years service on the RFC board "because he came to see you"? Bless!

If you/RST/FF didn't oppose Miller on the basis of his natiinality, the banner shouldn't have mentioned it. Whoever paid for it (and I understand it was a very well-known FF user and close friend of MD) did embarrass himself in financing such an unwise banner, as I suspect you know very well.

The other ex-board members are still RST members, I'm sure, but not one is seen to be involved in any RST-backed fund-raising schemes, unlike MD (and the other two long-standing board members, come to that).

Answer me one question, honestly if you can. Do you think the continued presence on the RST board of Mark Dingwall has a positive or a negative effect on any recruitment drive? In other words, would more fans join if MD stayed or went?

its pretty hard to imagine anyone whos planning to join doesnt because of mark. its also hard to believe anyone would rush to join if he left. so with membership up 30% i cant see the problem myself.

qp5n29.jpg

just so people can decide for themselves if this is racism

Where's the "play on words" in the 2nd banner?

What does the inclusion of the word "Yanks" add to the message?

Tell me, please, because to me that's an unequivocal and wholly unnecessary anti-American sentiment.

BTW Carlos Bocanegra said at the time of the banner, "Being Amercian and seeing "go home Yanks" banner was unfortunate but I know it’s not the feeling of the entire country. It’s a minority of people and that stuff happens."

So n American Rangers player felt that way about the banners. I'd call that hugely embarrassing, what about you?

btw the notion that any banner mentioning someones ethnicity is somehow racist is quite a wild accusation.

Some might use that very logic to deem your username sectarian.

Jeez, how many times do I have to say that we had nothing to do with the banners and I don't think the person who paid for them posts on any website. As for 'not one is seen to be involved in any RST-backed fund-raising schemes' what fund-raising schemes are you talking about?

As for your last question, I have no idea, I suspect it has no effect but I don't know.

Where's the "play on words" in the 2nd banner?

What does the inclusion of the word "Yanks" add to the message?

Tell me, please, because to me that's an unequivocal and wholly unnecessary anti-American sentiment.

BTW Carlos Bocanegra said at the time of the banner, "Being Amercian and seeing "go home Yanks banner" was unfortunate but I know it’s not the feeling of the entire country. It’s a minority of people and that stuff happens.

So n American Rangers player felt that way about the banners. I'd call that hugely embarrassing, what about you?

yeah except their was no go home yanks banner. if their had been Carlos would have been right.

so did some press man tell him their was one or did he misread it, who knows. either way it simply didn't happen so imaginary things aren't racist either is how i would put that.