Boyd Back At Rangers

I have to say that Larsson was probably the most complete player I have ever seen play in Scotland. The only two in the same class were Gazza and Laudrup but Gazza was too inconsistent and self-destructive to be classed as a true great and Laudrup didn't have the defensive or finishing qualities. Larsson had it all.

I have to say that Larsson was probably the most complete player I have ever seen play in Scotland. The only two in the same class were Gazza and Laudrup but Gazza was too inconsistent and self-destructive to be classed as a true great and Laudrup didn't have the defensive or finishing qualities. Larsson had it all.

larsson was a great player but he wasn't as good as Laudrup IMO, laudrup could create much more and score from outside the box more, Gazza was also better on his day but I agree he was too inconsistent but always done well against the scum :)

Boyd was nowhere near as good technical wise I don't think anyone has said he was but he scored more goals than anyone in his era by a long way and larsson was in the SPL for years longer than Boyd was, it's goals I am compairing nothing else. I just like good old fashioned strikers, the ones who score goals for fun, his partner up front if he has one and the rest of team are there for a reason and that's to help him score goals and for us to win games which we did quite a lot with hime playing.

i hope his disgusting attitude is not rubbing off on our young kids. we can do without that.

If the younger players pick up on Boyd's bad habits (let's be honest, he had a few) then they shouldn't be playing for us. The younger players should be desperate to break into the first team. Hopefully they pick up on how to put the ball in the back of the net from Boyd. Learning from Boyd can only be a good thing IMO.