Sports Direct Arena Mk II! - Ibrox New Name?

So why bring him into it? Don't we have enough threads diluted with you saying Green is the anti-christ and me saying he's the best thing since sliced bread?

Show me one post where I've said Green was the anti-Christ.

I'm just glad such a "cracking businessman" is looking out for us now that he understands the meaning of corporate governance.

It would only be in the club's best interest if it's a short term deal over 2 or 3 years, but if they start talking about selling the stadium naming rights on a deal of anything over 3 years while we're currently in the 3rd division, then I think it would be a very worrying sign because Sports Direct would be getting the deal at a fraction of it's value.

The name is a non starter for me, it already failed at Newcastle.

Im up for a good sponsorship deal with renaming, although beeping Ibrox in the name would be good, but 99% of people will still say they are going to Ibrox on Matchdays unless its a catchy one. I still cant believe nobody has contacted Apple about having 'I'brox. That is a genuine belter.

Stadium names seem to only work when a new ground gets built.

In South Africa, all of the top Rugby stadiums have sold naming rights, and this has probably been the case for the past 10 years or so. I don't know of a single supporter who uses the commercial name - it is always Loftus, or Kings Park or Newlands. The only time the commercial name is used is within the media. For me, although I hate messing with tradition, I would take the money (if it was a serious amount) and still always refer to the stadium as Ibrox. In all honesty can you imagine any punter saying '' I'm away doon tae Sports Direct Arena"? No chance.

it'll always be Ibrox to me and most supporters I would think, I wouldn't stop calling it that if this happened. It's not like we'll have a say in the matter and if it brings in more money to help us rebuild and get stronger then why not.