Sandy Jardine update

I don't want to be negative about this but I have no idea why some of you think that Liver cancer is an easy cure. I lost my brother-in-law from Liver cancer about 10 weeks ago and it certainly wasn't an easy cure or good place to have it. The only positive I can say about it was that he had virtually no pain until the last few days. Not everyone is the same thank goodness and there are possibly other stories of miracle cures so i hope Sandy is one of them.

I'm very sorry for your loss and I certainly didn't mean to trivialise it by my comments. I'm taking it as a good sihn that they were able to operate and hopefully remove the cancer but I'm not an expert on it. My father had stomach cancer and they were able to completely remove it by operating so hopefully it will be the same with Sandy. It will all depend on how far advanced it is.

I'm very sorry for your loss and I certainly didn't mean to trivialise it by my comments. I'm taking it as a good sihn that they were able to operate and hopefully remove the cancer but I'm not an expert on it. My father had stomach cancer and they were able to completely remove it by operating so hopefully it will be the same with Sandy. It will all depend on how far advanced it is.

Just read up a bit on it. It all depends if it is in a primary or secondary state. If it is still in primary and the tumor is small then they can operate. That all depends on how much healthy tissue remains. If the tumor is big then operating is virtually impossible and then the only option is to slow it's growth. Secondary cancer normally means that the cancer has spread to other organs and therefore impossible to operate. This is just from a quick google and not cast in stone or from my knowledge of the subject.