The £48m shadow over Rangers

These people seem to forget it was the republic of Ireland that played lapdog to Hitler and his navy, not the British. One thing we should have learned from the real Huns is that if you say something often enough it gets accepted as the truth.

These people seem to forget it was the republic of Ireland that played lapdog to Hitler and his navy, not the British. One thing we should have learned from the real Huns is that if you say something often enough it gets accepted as the truth.

Can anyone tell me when this change took place from them being the Huns to us?,I must have been in a drug enduced coma!,how did they manage to succeed in doing that?

There was an article on FF about this a few days ago. After Jimmy Delaney scored 2 goals for Scotland against Germany in a 1936 friendly, the following happened on the Hooped Horrors' next game in Dundee ...

Evening_Telegraph_Monday_19_October_1936_nazi.jpg

As might be known, the association of the Germans with "huns" became fashion after the Boxer revolt and a speech by the German emperor, it was widely used in WWI. Ireland achieved home rule in 1922 and from those days, there's an old chant ...

No nuns, priests or holy water,

No home rule for Ireland

If I had a tommy gun

I'd shoot every ****** hun

Just for walking down the King's highway.

The support of the Nazis amongst the irish Republican movement can actually easily tracked down. You even

. If they knew their history and all. :flute:

This, btw, adds credence to the allegations surrounding the Old Firm match at Ibrox on September 6th 1941 after which Celtic were banned from playing at Parkhead for one month because of the behaviour of elements in the support.

EDIT: Just in case, in that song above, the "******" stand for the "nickname" the IRA folk like to call themselves or are being called by their enemies. "Up to our knees ..." will give you the final hint.

Edited by der Berliner