Union Bears Statement - Boycott

I believe 26th was being rhetorical with his statement though :thup:

I did realize that and also that he was probably referring to Green himself and other VIP guests not attending as opposed to meaning that the team shouldn't attend to play out the fixture, but I thought it was worth saying something anyway. Thanks for keeping me right though mate! :D

I fully understand the situation and what they did to us, they've already walked all over us and the only way to get revenge is by beating them on the football park and a full Rangers support behind the team will make this more of a possibility...ask the management staff and players and as sure as night follows day they'll want the fans there for maximum backing and encouragement.

Going there with no fans and losing the game will achieve absolutely nothing.

But we wont necessarily lose the game without the fans there. The players, if motivated appropriately, will see it as a siege mentality and give that little bit more to get it up one of the clubs that have fought so hard to kill us. You think Ally or Big Jig wont be hammering that into the squad ?

But by boycotting we make, IMHO, a far bigger statement which is "You tried to kill us, it hasnt worked, and we WILL NOT FORGET your callous actions.. and we WILL hit you in the pocket at every opportunity".

By attending the game we let them win, it really is that simple for me. We attend the game then they know we will ALWAYS financially support them so they dont need to worry about not getting our cash. Dont attend and they will spend a fair amount of time being concerned about whether we will EVER financially subsidise them again.

I would prefer to let them stew and worry about losing out on the GREAT travelling Bears support.

Edited by craig

So this is forever then? No Rangers fans ever again going to away games involving clubs who kicked our ass.

Ludicrous.

Where does anyone say it is forever ?

Nothing wrong with a temporary boycott of all teams that attempted to kill us of, say, every away Cup game for 5 years plus every away league game (when back in the top flight) for 3 years. Just an example.

But the one thing is for sure in my opinion, is that by NOT boycotting this fixture.... we are capitulating to these corrupt bastards at the very, very FIRST opportunity.

I understand that Bears want to support the team - but I personally could not support attendance at this game. Lest we forget that had these bastards had their way there would be NO Rangers right now, we would be dead and buried. Yet they will happily take our cash to ensure their own survival. We shouldnt be subsidising that survival.

So this is forever then? No Rangers fans ever again going to away games involving clubs who kicked our ass.

Ludicrous.

Nobodys said forever, the time will be when it feels right to go back but first time of asking is too early surely?

Where does anyone say it is forever ?

Nothing wrong with a temporary boycott of all teams that attempted to kill us of, say, every away Cup game for 5 years plus every away league game (when back in the top flight) for 3 years. Just an example.

But the one thing is for sure in my opinion, is that by NOT boycotting this fixture.... we are capitulating to these corrupt bastards at the very, very FIRST opportunity.

I understand that Bears want to support the team - but I personally could not support attendance at this game. Lest we forget that had these bastards had their way there would be NO Rangers right now, we would be dead and buried. Yet they will happily take our cash to ensure their own survival. We shouldnt be subsidising that survival.

Spot on Craig.

My brother just had a brilliant idea. If we DO manage to achieve a full, complete boycott of the game, then the club should send Broxi Bear up to jump around for 90 minutes just to fuck them off and cost them money for stewarding! That would be hilarious!

Edited by Zappa

Well that's a relief - it's only temporary :facepalm:

Listen, I want Rangers to win this game nothing else matters to me but to put that lot out of this competition.

You know what that game will be like - Arabs to every man baying for our blood, referee decisions based on the crowd reaction, the youngsters in the team crumbling under the pressure of it all.

Hold on it doesn't need to be like that - fill half the ground with Bears.

Well that's a relief - it's only temporary :facepalm:

Listen, I want Rangers to win this game nothing else matters to me but to put that lot out of this competition.

You know what that game will be like - Arabs to every man baying for our blood, referee decisions based on the crowd reaction, the youngsters in the team crumbling under the pressure of it all.

Hold on it doesn't need to be like that - fill half the ground with Bears.

Just like this :)

Would be great, but there is the bigger issue that Craig has pointed out .