Charles Green v David Murray

There are still many fights ahead,so the decision for CG to back up the fans groups shows some unity,something that is severely lacking amongst Rangers fans,it can only be nothing but good if the club listens to the fans now and again. All the fans of all the SPL clubs threatened to boycott their OWN clubs if we were voted back into the SPL, something Rangers fans wouldn't even consider, now our club is listening to the Rangers fans and all the other fans don't like it!,strange eh?. Well done CG/Rangers & the Rangers fans I say.

And it's good to see that they have stuck to that. :rfcbouncy:

I also defended the idea of a boycott elsewhere, as I said I was pretty torn on the issue.

The club officially advocating a boycott is just a small thing that's changed in 24 little hours. :whistling:

Sometimes being open to a change of view isn't a bad thing and the clubs official stance on it makes a big difference to many who wanted to go. So good on you I say.

Sometimes being open to a change of view isn't a bad thing and the clubs official stance on it makes a big difference to many who wanted to go. So good on you I say.

I doubt I was ever going myself but I didn't feel those that did want to go could be condemned.

But it would be letting the club down after this.

Guest Smug Bluenose
I guess that I'd have liked the fans to have been given the choice instead of being told that they wouldn't be allowed to go to the game to support the team even if they wanted too.....

You do have a choice, and nobody is saying you're not allowed to go to the game.

All Rangers are saying is that you won't be able to buy a ticket through them. You can, if you want, buy a ticket from Dundee United.

There is no ban on anybody attending the match.

I think the issue some bluenoses are still having with CG is that he announced plenty of action he plans to take and plenty of directons the club should move into. Whether or not these actions will be/ have been taken remains to be seen in some cases. That's probably why some remain vary, it is to early to judge of he walks the talk. The indicators certainly show he does, at least I see it that way. Calling for the Dundee boycott is the latest of a couple of bold moves, he keeps on showing he's a gutsy lad who's not afraid to take a stand for our club, even if a middle finger needs to be waved.

Ally I see that understanding for the club and it's supporters needs as well, that keeps me hopeful he's moving Rangers into the right direction.