Rangers Football Club Seeks AIM Listing,

Considering we're the same club and people lost shares, you can't actually buy shares in the club itself. Unless you believe this is a new club...

The club is The Rangers Football Club plc. The club transferred from one company to another. You can therefore buy shares in the club IMO.

Guest DietofWorms
Considering we're the same club and people lost shares, you can't actually buy shares in the club itself. Unless you believe this is a new club...

I lost shares in the PLC that previously owned the Club...me and my family will be buying shares in this new company that owns the Club. Simple.

To expand further, looking at the Celtic situation, you may recall that their club(or the company that actually plays the games) is Celtic FC Limited and its holding company is Celtic plc. The big difference is that Celtic plc is the owns the stadium, the players and the SPL share. We are being asked to invest in a company that only owns shares. It doesn't own anything else.

To expand further, looking at the Celtic situation, you may recall that their club(or the company that actually plays the games) is Celtic FC Limited and its holding company is Celtic plc. The big difference is that Celtic plc is the owns the stadium, the players and the SPL share. We are being asked to invest in a company that only owns shares. It doesn't own anything else.

Stops in tracks.....well that is a bombshell. I thought I would be investing in the club!

Surely the shareholders of the holding co would have to vote for the club to be sold....so really can't see that happening although certainly brings a question of doubt where there shouldn't be one

but buying shares in a holding company could leave you owning worthless shares while the club is sold. it might even be sold for a quid.

bluedell is asking a very pertinent question.

Surely the shareholders of the holding co would have to vote for the club to be sold....so really can't see that happening although certainly brings a question of doubt where there shouldn't be one

51% of them.

that is of course a stupidly exaggerated possibility. its not going to happen but it illustrates the issue.

Edited by the gunslinger