Where do We Draw the Line & When Does it Come to an End?

For me, the point of this boycott is to send a message to Scottish football that we are not going to bend over and allow you to shaft us any more and we are not going to go away.

At some point, and for the benefit of everyone, peace needs to break out in Scottish football. We should never have needed to apply this boycott and, hopefully, we will not need to call any future ones. But for peace to happen, there will need to be some changes and some concessions at the SFA and SPL. First, the threat of lifting our titles has to go away. Second, the illegal transfer embargo has to be lifted. Third, monies retained by the SFA and SPL need to be paid over and finally the SFA and SPL need to stop with the threats to our TV rights.

Sadly, I don't think there is anyone at the SFA or SPL with the wisdom and the ability to call an end to hostilities. Chances are that they will simply make matters worse in their response to the boycott. And that means that we will have to continue our actions. It also means that a a confrontation in the Court of Session is almost inevitable. And none of that can be good for Scottish football.

Good post Zappa.

We need to make sure we don't make a rod for our own backs by declaring across the board boycotts which would never sustain. I think come February is when the support might see where the land lies and where we all go from there.

If we do beat United then plenty of bears will be of the thinking that they won't miss out on the next one. Interesting times ahead.

Regardless of what happens to Scottish football through all this it will be Rangers fault, look after ourselves and let the rest die.

What makes you think that the rest will die?

How does this dying come about?

Regardless of what happens to Scottish football through all this it will be Rangers fault, look after ourselves and let the rest die.

That's the cross you bear as the biggest and most successful club in Scotland. It would still be our fault if we just endured every beating.

Thanks for the post Zappa. I also voted undecided because I don't go to away games.

I agree that our present situation is unsustainable in the medium to long term and don't believe for a minute that CG has any intention of doing that.

I am, however, delighted at this boycott as a message to all that we are together and stand together against attacks on our club. Until the message gets through to them all that they behaved abominably and the persecution stops I am in no mood for reconciliation.