Join us, cash in

As a sweetener to get the league structure pushed through, the SPL should propose that it is run under the guidance of the SFL - a compromise if you will....agree to our plans, and we'll let you run things. The SPL would then be disbanded.

Hand up all those who think that will happen.......anyone???

hopefully the SFL teams will see sense and stay. This format will end Scottish football and make the divide worse. Why can't we work as one under one organisation for the good of the game rather than it be all about money which isn't going to save some clubs!!

It's high stakes poker then isn't it. The timing is not coincidental, with Green's share issue rolling along an announcement that Rangers could remain in the lowest league for an indefinite period might make some investors nervous. Realistically the SPL want us in their league, but they want us their on their terms and in a way that allows them to appease their support. I think they are trying to make Green blink.

Ultimately if the SFL clubs say no to this, frankly, ludicrous proposal then we've stalemate. Let's see if those first division teams are as committed to improving football as they claim to be.

I think I read the extra £350K is only for the winner of the First Division (or SPL 2). Currently they only get £70K but that would rise under the new plans.

Hardly an English Championship like carrot! ;)

So a complicit media are making their proposals seem far better than they are?

Also, they talk of a potential £350,000 increase in league payments. But no mention of how their finances are affected elsewhere. E.g. 2 missed games at home with the biggest support in the country which would be guaranteed money. A pishy tv deal. Shit sponsorship deals. etc etc.

With the fact that the SPL is currently failing and can't support 12 teams and additional 12 SFL teams would be mental to agree to this and fuck the rest of the SFL clubs over. Especially for an unlikely potential few extra pounds.

Madness.

As Ian posted, hope the SFL see the agenda, see the ludicrous SPL idea for what it is and HOLD!

I just hope SFL1 clubs don't have their heads turned by Lawwell's promise of ££

Seems to me that the reality is, regardless of whether Longmuir, Regan and Doncaster talk of discussing the relative merits of each proposal, that the SFL hold the aces.

I'd go further, Rangers hold the aces.

Green will not sign over our media rights again like he did this season.

Green, our largest shareholder and CEO, will not take our club back to the SPL in its current form.

To me, all this points to Longmuir being the Kingmaker, as has been recently blogged (on CRO, I think). The SPL is a busted flush. When are the next TV rights installments due???

I think the SPL model has been shown to be flawed. It is clearly setup to benefit the wealthier clubs. SFL teams joining the new SPL leagues will not suddenly become cash rich clubs....I don't think they will really be financially better of in the long term.

What is the overall benefit of having the SPL.....the football hasn't got any better, the national team hasn't got any better and clubs aren't rolling in cash. The concept doesn't work!!!! Hopefully the SFL clubs will realise this and also realise that they have a VERY strong hand to play....this is even before you start to factor RFC into the equation.

Thursday, 06 December 2012

Statement issued on behalf of the Professional Game Board:

"The Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football League have agreed to set up a working party of nominated club representatives to expand on the extremely productive meeting held today by the Scottish FA's Professional Game Board regarding league reconstruction.

"It is intended that the first meeting of the working group will take place later this month and will also include representatives of the Scottish FA Board.

"The PGB are greatly encouraged by the willingness on both sides to engage on the many areas of common ground and also in their commitment to implementing change.

“After the working party have reached consensus on a final set of proposals, they will be presented to all clubs across SPL and SFL for consideration.”

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish...3&newsID=11080