Rangers share offer prospectus (PDF) 122pages.

Key point surely though is none of it is going into someone's back pocket?

No, the key point is that they're saying they've identified somewhere for millions of pounds from the share issue to go, but that they're not saying what or where it is, just calling it "other identified projects". It wouldn't raise eyebrows if it was a couple of hundred grand, but it's millions....

No, the key point is that they're saying they've identified somewhere for millions of pounds from the share issue to go, but that they're not saying what or where it is, just calling it "other identified projects". It wouldn't raise eyebrows if it was a couple of hundred grand, but it's millions....
So long as it's in the club i'm comfortable.

Some thoughts on the share issue:

1. It's very disappointing that we are not getting the chance to invest in the club itself and only a holding company.

2. The reason that the holding company is the investment vehicle appears to be for tax reasons. It allows certain investors to benefit from VCT or EIS tax relief.

3. They have done well to get investments from the likes of LGIM, Artemis and Casenove but presumably from their high risk funds.

4. The VCT/EIS tax relief appers to be limited to the shares placed rather than to the ordinary investors so we will be unable to take advantage of the reliefs available.

5. My understanding (and I'm no expert) is that the cash raised from the placings (a net £15m) has to be spent within 2 years.

6. It is very disappointing that they plan to pay dividends. The payment of dividends will be looked at every 6 months.

7. December is a very strange time to having a share isssue when people's cash is being spent on other things.

8. Some of the salaries of the directors seem over the top.

- Charles Green - £360K plus £360K bonus if we win promotion plus share options of up to £720K

- Brian Stockbridge - £200K plus £200K bonus if we win promotion plus share options of up to £500K

- Imran Ahmad - £350K

- Malcolm Murray - £60K

- Ian Hart/Phillip Cartmell/Bryan Smart - all £40K for performing non-exec roles. Under Murray the non-execs largely did not get paid.

- Walter - £50K - again a lot of cash for doing very little

Thanks Bluedell. :tu:

There's certainly a lot to think about here and I think the dividends issue is major problem, but we've known about that for weeks, so it doesn't come as a surprise. The first point in your list is also a major issue.

Was that because of the laptop or she not having anything but the laptop on?

Alas for no more exciting reason than I went to bed early in order to rise early :(

BTW, e.g. Charles Green earns not more than Ian Black and some say that the latter's standard is still not above average.

In fairness to Green he'd probably be more use on the park than Black has been so far.