The Buy Rangers Community Share Scheme is live at www.buyrangers.org

The shares of The Rangers Football Club Ltd (or plc as I believe it more correctly is) are not for sale and it is the shares in another company Rangers International Football Club plc that are being purchased.

The RST by that statement are making people believe that they are buying shares in the club when they are buying shares in its holding company.

They appear not to have pdated the rules for all the information that is now available and I would have thought that this should have been a priority.

Fair point. Would be interested in comments from shoredbear or others who are close to this.

You are seriously misleading the potential investors with this claim.

They certainly are, and it is a major mistake. First off, because it is a lie.

There will be many who have already bought into the Rangers Supporters Society who will not realise they have not bought shares in Rangers FC, never mind the fact that you cannot buy shares in Rangers FC.

Small issues like the 3 year tie in will stop them doing anything about it as well. The IPO prospectus is full of shit but at 122 pages you expect some. RSS should have been better than that - clear and concise to all, not an attempt to grab all comers with misleading data and innuendo.

SRB, PLG, can you advise who the members of the Community Share Issue Finance Committee are?

Two new board members, the treasurer and PLG.

Other point noted and should be sorted soon.

Edited by Stimpy

And there needs to be some non-board members?

Two of them were then they took the plunge! Cobbetts (lawyers) are holding the money in an escrow account.

Non-board board members would be welcome, without a doubt, just like non-board members wrote a lot of the stuff you see on the web.

On the buying in Rangers the club. Cenkos have stated it's fine until the 19th when money goes to the holding company.

Fair point. Would be interested in comments from shoredbear or others who are close to this.

The holding company will be the ultimate parent company of the Group and will own 100% of RFCL. It's a total non issue (and I'm not involved in RST, other than having just invested via their scheme).

As we should all know by now, there's a difference between the Club and the legal entity which conducts it's business and issues the shares. Whether the shares are issued by a holding co. or not makes no difference to me.

I still dont get this buyRangers scheme.

People want to be shareholders in Rangers FC. They want a Rangers FC share certificate for their wall.

I dont understand the clamour to become a shareholder in the RST, which is exactly what this scheme does. Your £125 share is not in RFC, it is in RST. RST are then putting the money raised by their own share scheme into buying RFC shares under the name of RST.

The punter does not become a shareholder of RFC, the RST does.

I think this has not been clearly explained and that an awful lot of punters are buying these shares thinking they are directly buying RFC shares, or that RFC shares will be bought for them when that is not the case.

You cannot attend the RFC AGM with a RST share certificate, you can only attend the RST AGM. You dont get any of the perks of being a RFC shareholder, you only get the perks of being s RST shareholder.

You have no more a financial interest in RFC by buying shares through the RST scheme than if you bought shares in Blue Pitch Holdings, or any of the other shareholders in RFC.

As long as people know that and want to take part then great, but I really believe from the comments on other threads on other forums that a lot of bears parting with their hard-earned are doing so on the assumption that they are buying RFC shares, when they are not.

TB, they are buying a share in the Community Share Scheme whose sole purpose is to buy Rangers shares (or, as it turned out, the holding company's shares). They will collectively own all the shares as they will be members of the RST. I've had the certificate for the wall and the AGM invites, it didn't do any of us any good. Once the shares are listed I will probably get one so that I can attend the AGM but the rest of my money is going into the collective effort. Monies invested before Tuesday will be going to the IPO so people are investing in the Club when they otherwise couldn't.