The Buy Rangers Community Share Scheme is live at www.buyrangers.org

I still dont get this buyRangers scheme.

People want to be shareholders in Rangers FC. They want a Rangers FC share certificate for their wall.

I dont understand the clamour to become a shareholder in the RST, which is exactly what this scheme does. Your £125 share is not in RFC, it is in RST. RST are then putting the money raised by their own share scheme into buying RFC shares under the name of RST.

The punter does not become a shareholder of RFC, the RST does.

I think this has not been clearly explained and that an awful lot of punters are buying these shares thinking they are directly buying RFC shares, or that RFC shares will be bought for them when that is not the case.

You cannot attend the RFC AGM with a RST share certificate, you can only attend the RST AGM. You dont get any of the perks of being a RFC shareholder, you only get the perks of being s RST shareholder.

You have no more a financial interest in RFC by buying shares through the RST scheme than if you bought shares in Blue Pitch Holdings, or any of the other shareholders in RFC.

As long as people know that and want to take part then great, but I really believe from the comments on other threads on other forums that a lot of bears parting with their hard-earned are doing so on the assumption that they are buying RFC shares, when they are not.

I still dont get this buyRangers scheme.

People want to be shareholders in Rangers FC. They want a Rangers FC share certificate for their wall.

I dont understand the clamour to become a shareholder in the RST, which is exactly what this scheme does. Your £125 share is not in RFC, it is in RST. RST are then putting the money raised by their own share scheme into buying RFC shares under the name of RST.

The punter does not become a shareholder of RFC, the RST does.

I think this has not been clearly explained and that an awful lot of punters are buying these shares thinking they are directly buying RFC shares, or that RFC shares will be bought for them when that is not the case.

You cannot attend the RFC AGM with a RST share certificate, you can only attend the RST AGM. You dont get any of the perks of being a RFC shareholder, you only get the perks of being s RST shareholder.

You have no more a financial interest in RFC by buying shares through the RST scheme than if you bought shares in Blue Pitch Holdings, or any of the other shareholders in RFC.

As long as people know that and want to take part then great, but I really believe from the comments on other threads on other forums that a lot of bears parting with their hard-earned are doing so on the assumption that they are buying RFC shares, when they are not.

What exactly is the big difference, apart from £375? A share certificate on your wall? You could argue that the RST would have a much larger voice than any individual fan shareholder might have. I dont support the RST or the share issue in general, i'm just saying. If it helps people feel a part of it, then it's a much cheaper way to be involved.

I like your idea about buying Blue Pitch Holding shares mind. At least that would be a guarantee of getting a return on your so called investment. Calling it a share issue is a joke. It's a donation, just like every other football clubs "flotation" is a donation.

Edited by ComeOffit

Thanks. It seems that you can withdraw by getting your shares sold but not get the shares transferred into your own name. Is that correct?

I think that you should also tighten up your rules in this area as it makes no mention of netting off costs against against the sale proceeds.

Perhaps you can enlarge on this allegation.

The shares of The Rangers Football Club Ltd (or plc as I believe it more correctly is) are not for sale and it is the shares in another company Rangers International Football Club plc that are being purchased.

The RST by that statement are making people believe that they are buying shares in the club when they are buying shares in its holding company.

They appear not to have updated the rules for all the information that is now available and I would have thought that this should have been a priority.

Edited by Bluedell

As I understand it, the primary aim of the Buy Rangers scheme is to allow small shareholders to pool their resources in order to control a significant block of shares through Buy Rangers. The reason you might want to do that is to build a large enough block of shares that you can have significant influence at Board level and even a seat on the board.

It is worth remembering in the context of the above that, under David Murray, we were 10,000 small shareholders with zero influence.

Clearly, if all you want is a certificate on the wall then Buy Rangers is not for you.

There are two other reasons why Bears might invest via Buy Rangers. The first is if they cannot afford the £500 minimum to purchase shares directly. The threshold is much lower in the Buy Rangers scheme. The second is for US based Bears who cannot take part in the IPO. My understanding is that there is no such obstacle through Buy Rangers.

In my opinion, we have been crying out for some form of small shareholders organisation so that, at least, our voice is heard. I appreciate that there are some who do not like the RST or certain individuals in the RST. But the fact remains that the RST is the only organisation to have come up with a way of representing small shareholders.

It is easy to throw rocks but much harder to come up with a credible alternative solution.