Step Up And Pay For The Future Of Rangers

Guest billmcmurdo

For once I actually have enough spare cash to buy shares but I have too many reservations about investing either directly or in the RST scheme.

I'm thinking the best way for my finances and value for money would be to buy shares in a year or so once the share price has settled down - but then Rangers won't have my extra money to spend.

I'm put off by the fact that there are people who are going to make super normal profits out of this - a bit like a pyramid scheme, and the fact that it's the holding company for sale.

For the RST version I'm put off by having to be a member and after being a former member my trust in them has not yet returned since the mass resignations. I'm not worried about people "resting" money in their accounts, it's more about those that seem to be overly power hungry to the detriment of the trust. I'd also be more interested if I didn't have to pay them a tenner every year as I could see a one-off £125 investment as more of a donation quantity.

So can anyone convince me that either avenue is a good idea?

For once I actually have enough spare cash to buy shares but I have too many reservations about investing either directly or in the RST scheme.

I'm thinking the best way for my finances and value for money would be to buy shares in a year or so once the share price has settled down - but then Rangers won't have my extra money to spend.

I'm put off by the fact that there are people who are going to make super normal profits out of this - a bit like a pyramid scheme, and the fact that it's the holding company for sale.

For the RST version I'm put off by having to be a member and after being a former member my trust in them has not yet returned since the mass resignations. I'm not worried about people "resting" money in their accounts, it's more about those that seem to be overly power hungry to the detriment of the trust. I'd also be more interested if I didn't have to pay them a tenner every year as I could see a one-off £125 investment as more of a donation quantity.

If you can afford it I say go for it personally.

I opted to join the RST scheme, two reasons for this was firstly was the price £125 plus £10 for RST membership is within reach of my petty cash and with Christmas coming on and the extra expense we have at this time.

Secondly I like the idea of being part of a larger group, I don't own the share directly but the RST does but hopefully everyone committing to this venture will turn up and have our say at their AGM.

So the more voices heard the more we get a say with the RST and ultimately with Rangers, which is as all we really want, a small price to pay imo.

If the uptake is positive the fee will hopefully be waived for members investing via the community share scheme. Basically, there could be enough cash in the bank from membership subs to let the RST trade for years without the fee. Nothing set in stone but that's the thinking.