Divisions In The Camp

Guest billmcmurdo

here we go from a fb account with over 16 members.

I Bet I Can Get 1,000,000 People Who Love Glasgow Rangers

Written by a mate of mine, opinions? /alex

SHY OR REPLY?

The RST have issued a reply to accusations that their BuyRangers scheme is another attempt to rip-off fellow fan bluenoses. I say again because for those that dont know fan money has allegedly already disappeared under the care of Dingwall and co. The story goes that while the hugely influential RST were publicly making life difficult for the press by condemning and questioning how they reported the Rangers crisis the hacks were busy finding out that cheques in the name of the Fans Fighting Fund were bouncing quicker CW's cheques to HMRC! The press are said to have told RST the opportunity to scratch each others back is there and since then no negative sounds about the scottish media have eminated from any RST source.

And so to the RST's latest defence. Without going through them individually the theme of the accusations are that your £125 RST investment will not see you own an individual share. The reply? "You will PART own every share". That sounds like a confirmation to me. A £500 club investment will get you a vote on Club matters but the RST feel the need to tell us,in their defence remember,that your £125 will get you a vote on things like the RST constitution and that the Trust will vote as a whole to use the block vote on Club matters. But is that enough for your £125? For example,if you and 3 friends share the £500 investment the 4 of you can decide how the vote will be used. A £125 RST indirect investment will see you part own around 700 shares with all voices being heard.

In my opinion it comes down to trust but how do you trust one of your own when its one of your own that has broke the trust? Give them a chance to redeem it? It should be noted that the RST have made it clear that any money will be entrusted to a lawyer but Rangers fans may not be comforted by that when remembering that Collyer Bristow played an integral part in the shady dealings of CW.

Investment is supposed to be risky but not the source with which you hand it to.

1 hour ago · · Like · Share · Report

Very strange piece. To summarise:

1. The RST are hugely influential.

2. The RST and the RFFF are the same thing and the RST are to blame for RFFF cheques bouncing.

3. The RST were giving the Scottish press a hard time but now they are in cahoots with them.

4. A £500 investment in the club will get you just one share

5. The RST will control just 700 votes (is that 700 times £500? And how do they know how much investment money has gone into the RST?)

6. All lawyers are bassas because one of them was involved with Craig Whyte

It's always really saddened me when we fight amongst ourselves (literally at times). It's never been any different. I remember the 70s clearly when the Rangers end (and outside) was absolutley peppered with gang fights. I've lost count of the amount of times I saw our own fans hit each other with bottles and bricks (and that was inside the ground as well). I even saw one fan stab another in full view (which made the front of the Sunday Mail) at the Rangers End in Ibrox.

Even the last twice when they've opened Ibrox after a title win I've witnessed our support knocking 10 bells out of each other. This is just a different form of fighting amongst the 'academics\intellectuals (?)'. Makes me sick!

Can I tell you a story about that, many years ago I lived in Easterhouse and went into the Town to the dancing at the old Tiffany's in Sauchiehall st. Anyway this massive ruck started between us from Easterhouse and the Govan Mob, right in the middle of this me and a guy from Govan were throwing punches at each other, then get into wrestle on the ground. Then the guy shouts " I know you ya c@nt from the Derry" I'm looking at him and say "aye pal no surrender" we just separated and got tore into someone else. Next weekend there we both where in the Derry singing with no animosity between us.

Can I tell you a story about that, many years ago I lived in Easterhouse and went into the Town to the dancing at the old Tiffany's in Sauchiehall st. Anyway this massive ruck started between us from Easterhouse and the Govan Mob, right in the middle of this me and a guy from Govan were throwing punches at each other, then get into wrestle on the ground. Then the guy shouts " I know you ya c@nt from the Derry" I'm looking at him and say "aye pal no surrender" we just separated and got tore into someone else. Next weekend there we both where in the Derry singing with no animosity between us.

I remember 2 East Kilbride 'teams' waging a running battle with each other outside the ground before an Aberdeen game at Ibrox. One guy was on the deck getting leathered on the head with one of those triangular whisky bottles you got back them (Dimple?), then they fought in the game. The crowd was singing 'hooli - hooli- hooligans - (remember that?) all the way through the match as those big gaps opened up and the bottles and cans flew. Then after the match they smashed each other's buses windows to smitherenes. And then drove back to EK at the same time, and probably fought there too. It is bizarre (and pretty sad) thinking back to those days - it was mental!

It's always really saddened me when we fight amongst ourselves (literally at times). It's never been any different. I remember the 70s clearly when the Rangers end (and outside) was absolutley peppered with gang fights. I've lost count of the amount of times I saw our own fans hit each other with bottles and bricks (and that was inside the ground as well). I even saw one fan stab another in full view (which made the front of the Sunday Mail) at the Rangers End in Ibrox.

Even the last twice when they've opened Ibrox after a title win I've witnessed our support knocking 10 bells out of each other. This is just a different form of fighting amongst the 'academics\intellectuals (?)'. Makes me sick!

You and i are cleary of the same era m8.

I distinctly remember walking down Copland Rd.,heading back to our bus,and watching a gang fight take place.

A Rangers fan walking down the middle of Copland Rd. with a machete challenging all and this guy runs and attacks him with a pocket knife.

I can still hear his m8 shouting at him "it's not big enough" as he gave him the knife to go after the guy.

Mental.

It was the season when we played Celtic 3 times in a month with all games at Ibrox and they won all three.

The event i just described happened at the last one when they won 3-2 on a last minute goal by Jimmy Johnstone.

I remember 2 East Kilbride 'teams' waging a running battle with each other outside the ground before an Aberdeen game at Ibrox. One guy was on the deck getting leathered on the head with one of those triangular whisky bottles you got back them (Dimple?), then they fought in the game. The crowd was singing 'hooli - hooli- hooligans - (remember that?) all the way through the match as those big gaps opened up and the bottles and cans flew. Then after the match they smashed each other's buses windows to smitherenes. And then drove back to EK at the same time, and probably fought there too. It is bizarre (and pretty sad) thinking back to those days - it was mental!

The old cira 1970's safety helmets with the Rangers colours on them were ideal, had one on away to Aberdeen and got hit on the helmet twice with bottles coming from behind me in the Rangers end.

The old cira 1970's safety helmets with the Rangers colours on them were ideal, had one on away to Aberdeen and got hit on the helmet twice with bottles coming from behind me in the Rangers end.

Yip the trips to Pittodrie in the 70's were something else.

One in particular when both set's of fans used to occupy the beach end.

Rangers fans charged and chased them right out of the Beach end onto the park before the game started.

I think Rangers fans always were given the Beach end after that for a while due to the size of the support that used to go up there.

I don't know how you put up with that place personally. mind you I only read one thread. it didn't disappoint.

It's the usual suspects GS, saying the same old things. Trying to influence people not to invest in our scheme thus depriving the Club of money. They may think it's okay to slag off fellow Rangers fans but it's not for me.