8 Arrested at Ibrox

Guest DavieBlue

Saying 'I want someone charged' is fine (if we're being pedantic ;) ). It's expressing a wish to see the law applied against someone you believe to be the perpetrator of a crime.

But sometimes the person saying it doesn't understand Scots Law. If only it was as simple as someone making a complaint of assault to police, naming a suspect and the police charging that person. The courts and jails would be bursting, even moreso than they are today.

It goes back to that scenario earlier. Someone comes at me with a knife but I baton them this time to the arm breaking it in the process. They drop the knife and I arrest the person. I've successfully arrested an armed person and given him the jail. There is no way I'd be disciplined for that. We're allowed to baton someone on the head if we can justify it. There's 3 different areas on the human body. A green area (low risk), orange area (medium risk) and red area (high risk). Green being arms and legs, orange being the body and red being the head. Breaking someones arm or leg isn't that serious if the cop is at risk.

Excellent so should we assume the boy had a knife in his hands?

Where there is life threatening intent I support police to react as required, of course. It IS a dangerous job and if they are unable to respond to violent threats then they are powerless. However, there are plenty of high profile cases where actions are not justified and it can take years & inquiries to sort it out. I'd have a lot more respect if at the time police said 'yep we fucked that up' and figured out other methods/policies.

Whomever the fault lies with on Tuesday, pushing people down steps is a recipe for disaster. I appreciate there may be some 'well known' members of BF1, but it's not an excuse for all to be tarred the same.

But sometimes the person saying it doesn't understand Scots Law. If only it was as simple as someone making a complaint of assault to police, naming a suspect and the police charging that person. The courts and jails would be bursting, even moreso than they are today.

Interesting that, because that's pretty much what happened to a family member. They were named as an attacker and spent 2.5 years on bail despite all the knowledge the police had as to who had actually assaulted someone.

2.5 years later after nearly losing his job, the person was apologised to by head of PF who was appalled.

Interestingly, the 'victim' (I have reasons for the quotes) was related to someone high in strathclyde police.

For balance, since then I've only ever had good interactions with police.

Interesting that, because that's pretty much what happened to a family member. They were named as an attacker and spent 2.5 years on bail despite all the knowledge the police had as to who had actually assaulted someone.

2.5 years later after nearly losing his job, the person was apologised to by head of PF who was appalled.

Interestingly, the 'victim' (I have reasons for the quotes) was related to someone high in strathclyde police.

For balance, since then I've only ever had good interactions with police.

Jeez, I hope the senior officer is taken to force and not the cop who dealt with your family member. No doubt it'll be the cop who gets it though.

I was sent to a call the other week regarding a male being attacked in the toilets of a nightclub. Turns out it was a cop who was in there snorting cocaine with another guy and it got a bit nasty.

There's some right idiots out there.

Jeez, I hope the senior officer is taken to force and not the cop who dealt with your family member. No doubt it'll be the cop who gets it though.

I was sent to a call the other week regarding a male being attacked in the toilets of a nightclub. Turns out it was a cop who was in there snorting cocaine with another guy and it got a bit nasty.

There's some right idiots out there.

Not sure what happened, in the end we were so relieved it was over we left the court happy! Family member had to do a line up, a night in the cells (we were unaware of a warrant out on him and found out through utter chance) and umpteen court appearances, as I'm sure you are aware how often these things get moved back. The 'victim' couldn't pick him out of line up. Turned out he knew family name and used that.

One of those were wrong time, wrong place was never truer

Not sure what happened, in the end we were so relieved it was over we left the court happy! Family member had to do a line up, a night in the cells (we were unaware of a warrant out on him and found out through utter chance) and umpteen court appearances, as I'm sure you are aware how often these things get moved back. The 'victim' couldn't pick him out of line up. Turned out he knew family name and used that.

One of those were wrong time, wrong place was never truer

Career criminals know when there's a warrant out for them. Anyone else won't. The public don't need to know when a warrant is issued for them.

Don't get me started about court. The amount of times I've had my days off cancelled to attend court on;y for it to be postponed is sickening.

Career criminals know when there's a warrant out for them. Anyone else won't. The public don't need to know when a warrant is issued for them.

Don't get me started about court. The amount of times I've had my days off cancelled to attend court on;y for it to be postponed is sickening.

Can I ask why we don't need to know? When we found out (on a Saturday), called a lawyer we were recommended, and he said to leave the house and stay elsewhere or be held over the weekend with the crazies.

I've been called as a witness a couple of times (I need to close my eyes, I always end up witnessing shit) and each time it's postponed again and again then FINALLY the person admits guilt. Been asked if a cop a couple of times as turn up to court smart HAHAHA.

Can I ask why we don't need to know? When we found out (on a Saturday), called a lawyer we were recommended, and he said to leave the house and stay elsewhere or be held over the weekend with the crazies.

That's the advice I generally give to people unless they're the career crims. Hand yourself in about 11pm so you're spending as little time in the cells as possible. Anytime after midnight and you'll be held a further day in the cells.

I haven't a clue why you don't need to know. A lot of warrants are issued when people don't turn up to court as an accused or a witness. If they're told there's a warrant they'd go in to hiding which doesn't help the court or the police. Apart from that, I can't think.

I've been called as a witness a couple of times (I need to close my eyes, I always end up witnessing shit) and each time it's postponed again and again then FINALLY the person admits guilt. Been asked if a cop a couple of times as turn up to court smart HAHAHA.

You'll probably find the accused is receiving Legal Aid. The lawyer will be telling him to plead NG during all the diets and when the trial date arrives he'll tell his "customer" to plead guilty. Basically, the longer the lawyer can drag it out the more money he gets. Shit huh?