Merry Christmas and a New Year Wish

I've not got the quick-witted brain of Charles Green so I won't be asking my fellow admin to video my message but I would like to take a few minutes to wish all my fellow bears a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

In many ways 2012 has been an annus horribilis for our club and support but it has also been a time of new beginnings and an opportunity to examine many aspects of our fantastic club and look to the future.

Generally speaking the most important thing is that we still have a club to enjoy so while it's definitely right to ensure our new owners deliver on the promises they've talked about, I hope we can accept the relative success of the IPO for what it is and move forward as one as we continue our return to the upper echelons of domestic and European football.

I could spend the next half an hour writing about the plethora of issues that could be addressed at the club with the monies raised from the share issue but instead I think this is a suitable time to offer some goodwill to our fellow bears. To that end, I think one of Charles Green's primary tasks should be to examine how he can improve supporter relations/interaction.

It could be argued he's done a reasonable job of that already in that the majority of the fan-base are backing his regime after some early cynicism. However, there's also no doubt some problems remain with the fans themselves. We have too many fan groups and too many acronyms to try and decipher. This shouldn't be seen as an attack on the many good bears who do some valuable work in their respective organisations but merely an attempt for us to be more efficient for the future.

As it stands we have the Assembly, the Association, the Trust, the Working Group, RFFF and the Unified Supporters Platform - all working hard to try and increase our voice within Rangers but, arguably, held back because of differing messages and confusion about who is working with who Or much worse, who is against who.

My New Year wish is for Charles Green to take the best elements of all of these groups and condense them into one 'official' organisation that we can all be part of; from RSC members, to season ticket holders, to armchair fans. Obviously there should still be some room for an independent group so, meanwhile, we can all make a resolution of our own: to leave past squabbles in the past and respect each other's contribution - even if we may disagree from time to time.

If that could be done then that could mean 2013 is our annus mirabilis - setting us up for a stronger future together. That's something we can all agree on.

All the best from Gersnet.

Cheers Frankie, wise words.

I'm not sure if this is the generic 'Merry Christmas' thread or not but I'll take this opportunity to say Merry Christmas to all the posters on Gersnet. Frankie, Zappa and the rest of the people who give up their time to make this place available to all of us can I add my thanks and express my gratitude to you.

Have a lovely time all.

Thanks Frankie - great post. That would also be my New Year wish. I suspect however that it will also be my New Year wish in one year's time again.

Anyway, I would like to take this opportunity to jump on the bandwagon and wish each and every one who contributes to this - the best wee forum on the planet - a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

Let's have a guid yin.

It's no less than we're due.