Leggat - HOGMANAY AND WHY SCOTLAND HAS LOST ITS PRESBYTERIAN VALUES

the catholic church were right behind calls to ban certain rangers songs from our song sheet. they were actually publically vocal in calls to ban some too. gay marriage is a nothing subject. wee eck has been in bed with the catholic church for years now. they are running this country and pretty soon as their spokesman told us years ago, this country will be a republic.

Paranoia runs rampant.

Can't understand some of you being so critical of this blog.

I shared many similar experiences to Leggo's and remember them fondly. Experiences through the eyes of a child with all his "elders and betters" around to explain the ways of the world as they saw it, No mass communication then. Not many homes with TVs, let alone telephones, internet etc.

Disappointed that some of you condemn him on this occasion when all he's writing about are his very own personal experiences. My own new year in Kirkie was very similar.

Maybe some can learn as to where Leggo, and others from his generation are coming from.

A time which was obviously more simple and straight forward.

Anyway, a guid new year to one and all of my fellow Bears.

Hears my main wish for 2013, the Bears united will never be defeated.

I totally agree and I thiink the message has been totally lost here. Perhaps you have to be a certain age or in a certain frame of mind. These times seemed better to us and we have these memories because our parents and grandparents are no longer around and we think of the times they were, especially at this time of year. My family didn't have much when I was growing up but we were very happy and there was a real sense of community which I think is lacking now. Sure we're mostly all better off materially but I would swap all my worldly goods to have one more day with my mum and dad.

Guest jimmy millar
More claptrap and nostalgic nonsense from Leggat. Scotland is now a far more secular country and better for it .

Don't you believe it my boy,it is a more materialistic country,but has lost a lot in the process,Leggat talks a lot of sense,could you leave your door open like you could in the 40/50/60's,no,I don't think so.

I totally agree and I thiink the message has been totally lost here. Perhaps you have to be a certain age or in a certain frame of mind. These times seemed better to us and we have these memories because our parents and grandparents are no longer around and we think of the times they were, especially at this time of year. My family didn't have much when I was growing up but we were very happy and there was a real sense of community which I think is lacking now. Sure we're mostly all better off materially but I would swap all my worldly goods to have one more day with my mum and dad.

Nice post, mate.

All the best :thup:

Don't you believe it my boy,it is a more materialistic country,but has lost a lot in the process,Leggat talks a lot of sense,could you leave your door open like you could in the 40/50/60's,no,I don't think so.

I am only 39 but I was talking about this earlier this morning (I am in Bermuda). And I was reminicscing about how we would leave the front door open at Hogmanay and even go out ourselves and leave the house to whomever came in to have a Ne'erday drink and be on their way. These days your house would be ransacked !

aye the auld days leggo yearns for when we were poor with some of us with no arse in our trousers and wax-cloth in our shoes to keep our feet dry and going roun the wee local shops looking for tick aye they were the days blinkin eejit is auld leggo why not bring back rickets and scabbies and outside lavvys mans lost it .