Reconstruction talks

The Dutch get rid of the meaningless games by having a play-off for euro football and a play-off for relegation which involves most of the league.

The Germans have an 18-team league, no play-offs for the title or anything else in the upper strata, but a play-off between the 16th of the BL and the 3rd of BL 2. A lot of "meaningless" matches when it comes to the midfield of the table, you would think ... yet, UEFA was kind enough to hand 3+1 CL places to Germany and another (at-least) 2 EL places below them. So there is actually a fight for places 1 to 6. Won't happen in Scotland in the "near" future, of course. But if you are honest enough, there always were meaningless games for many teams outside the "realistic" title race

or those beyond the realistic chances of relegation.

You would hope that the SFL chairmen vote reasonably in this whole affair. Should it end up in a 12-12-18 thing, not much would change for us ranking-wise, since we would still play in the 3rd tier of the game Scotland - same we will if we get promoted in May.

To be honest I don't care who we are playing as long as we get a TV deal where we are the important party. If Regan and Donkeycastor are going to fuck us then let them kiss our arse first.

Id be disgusted in the SFL should they fall for Doncasters patter. 2 men have ruined the Scottish game at all levels and this will kill it off. The SFL must be in the best positions its been in since 1997 before the SPL breakaway and they want to throw it away?

Where is the decision thats best for clubs, players and fans rather than filling money at the top end.

As Gisabeers says, all we need to do is not sign any TV deal.

In Holland football is organised for all age groups from 5 to veteran. If I take an example of Renfrew juniors. It is crazy that they have 1 team. in Holland the same club would have about 20 senior teams at all levels and 4 or 5 youth teams at every age group. It is also a community and social club. Renfrew Juniors should have a park as they now have or better, surrounded by about another 3 or 4 grass pitches for the amateur teams. Every member pays a membership here so a club with 500 members can expect 500x18 pound a month(senior) Youth obviously pays less but they also pay a membership fee.

Every club here has a social club that can sell beer, wine and soft drinks, that all goes to the running costs and coaching. There are many youth players in Scotland that stop because they can't get into a team at 13(example) because they are too weak'. They could possibly make it at an older age group but are lost to the sport. In Holland they just drop down a team and stay by the club to maybe develop further. In Scotland many of them stop playing.

It is a crying shame.

I still remember taking a train from Rotterdam to Amsterdam and being amazed at how many football facilites I saw, 5-a sides everywhere. The weather isnt an excuse as Holland is as cold as UK, although I do agree to playing more summer football to start with as more youngsters would feel happier to play then rather than freezing. But it didnt stop me or my friends in the 90s, we'd be out in all conditions.

Sometimes it takes one club to start the trend, Im sure Ajax set examples for the rest of Holland to follow. This is why our set up with a new start in Div 3 has dissapointed me a bit. We dont have to wait for the Scottish game to make grass root changes, we should be building on Murray park and our own set up by having much more scouts and coaches and aiming for something. Seems the only ambition is to get back into the doom and gloom SPL and hear the CL theme at Ibrox again then everything will be back to normal and accepted....for me id rather see a far stronger platform being built within the club so we are daylight ahead of anyone else in the country and can compete in Europe against the teams we should be beating so there is no Kanaus and Maribor repeats.

Dorrans, Snodgrass, McArthur and McCarthy were all developed at SFL clubs. For us Alexander, Black and Templeton began their careers in the SFL. Obviously a few of our younger players could make that claim now too.

The big problem is a 16 team league means 6-8 less games a season, and clubs can't afford to lose 3-4 ome gates. That'd be a 20% drop!!

An 18 or 20 team league sees too many clubs get a slice of the pie, and the result is a status quo which the fans hate.