Reconstruction talks

Can you enlighten us rbr? I didn't hear much of it.

Longmuir was excellent I felt in not just the tone , content but also the spirit of what he said . The spl will IMHO be a thing of the past , the concessions that the spl will give up are minor compared to the gains that the game will get as a whole .

Where can we watch or listen to him rbr?

Zappa I'm not sure he was on radio Scotland fron 2 pm on Saturday and the interview was from appro 2.10 for about 30 mins . I listened via my phone on te way to the game . Not sure if radio Scotland has a listen back, I will check

Ok just checked on the I player and for some reason this episode is in available ' but that's where to look

Edited by rbr

Zappa I'm not sure he was on radio Scotland fron 2 pm on Saturday and the interview was from appro 2.10 for about 30 mins . I listened via my phone on te way to the game . Not sure if radio Scotland has a listen back, I will check

Ok just checked on the I player and for some reason this episode is in available ' but that's where to look

Cheers rbr, I'll check here tomorrow.

clubs can't afford to lose 3-4 ome gates

But they can afford to 'lose' Rangers?

An 18 or 20 team league sees too many clubs get a slice of the pie, and the result is a status quo which the fans hate.

What's being proposed with a 12 - 12 - 18 format will see more clubs getting a 'slice of the pie'. Whatever size of league the money can be divided accordingly.

A 20 - 22 or 18 - 24 format would see more promotion, relegation and playoff spots which would likely increase competition throughout both leagues.

The only status quo I see in Scottish football is the inability of the other clubs to challenge Rangers and Celtic for the title.

I'd argue that our presence in the lower leagues is doing the game some good though as its reinvigorating these clubs and they're also benefitting financially. Also you have to remember that they were effectively passed the Rangers "problem" by the SPL and told to deal with it which they did, while also rejecting self-serving plans from the SPL to put us in to Div 1. I think the SFL have been consistently a breath of fresh air throughout all of this so I'd be disappointed if they caved now.

I agree we're giving the game a boost from the ground up in terms of finance but that's the point. I don't have any serious gripe with the SFL. They only did what you would expect them to do and grab the opportunity presented to them with both hands.

It should also be noted that they were honest and generally speaking didn't drag their heels or put it to a vote from their supporters.

What they did however WAS completely self serving. I don't for a minute tow the party line that what they did was show true 'sporting integrity'.

It's a different time now. I grew up in the 90s as well, we'd be out no matter what, playing in the backyard, the streets, any dodgy pitch around town. I saw guys like Gazza and Gough and this was football, this was what I wanted to be. Kids nowadays start playing and grow up with characters like Cristiano Ronaldo and feels it's okay to be a diva and maybe not go out when it's cold and raining. Shame really.

LOL! I grew up in the 60/70s and that's exactly what we said about the feckless, no-good youth of the 90s ;)