Green will speak soon...

Scottish football is the laughing stock of the world, and green is centre stage. If he wasnt so obnoxious, maybe he would get an invite to these discussions, instead of having to read this pish about euro leagues every few weeks.

Congratulations! You are the second muppet to be added to the prestigious Cotter ignore list. Only those with absolutely NOTHING constructive to say are allowed in. Cheerio laddie, I dread having to read your quotes in the posts of others in future.

I think the statement from Green is bang on. The SPL and SFA are scrapping the barrel yet seem to be winning and Green has came all out again saying we wont be misguided. Green might not be the most subtle but I like his honest no-nonsense approach in defending our club that he picked up and turned around. Peterhead and East Fife are already in agreement, just 7 more SFL clubs and this is a non-starter....Then the SFL MUST get tougher. I honestly think this is the last throw of the dice from the desperate SPL.

Cross border argument is thrown out the window because Berwick play in Scotland and Cardiff + Swansea play in England, plus being in the 'Union' (UK) must mean there is some way we can move down south. For me it will happen and I can see many leagues across Europe merging.

The fans argument for bigger leagues in Scotland (ie two leagues of 18) is to give clubs more time to introduce and develop hopeful youth players into the game. It's always been argued for years that the lack of bigger leagues has resulted in the demise of Scottish football.

Well Scottish football now have us - the guinea pigs - to see if this is indeed the case.

We'll be playing in that league of 18 next season - if reports go to plan - we will then be in the important position of proving that small leagues made up of 10/12 teams have strangled our game.

We have magnificent facilities in place to bring young players through, we will be playing in lots of games where we can afford to blood outstanding potential talent for the future, we've done quite well so far given the illegal transfer embargo judging by the teenagers pulling on the jersey just now after only 6 months into this season.

Maybe we will be the saviours of Scottish football, maybe we'll produce some of the finest talent seen in this country for decades, maybe it's an impossibility but we have a helluva opportunity in front of us.

Scottish football has always looked up to Rangers as guiding lights, nothing has changed.

Hope we can deliver, and return to our rightful place.

Edited by 54andcounting

The fans argument for bigger leagues in Scotland (ie two leagues of 18) is to give clubs more time to introduce and develop hopeful youth players into the game. It's always been argued for years that the lack of bigger leagues has resulted in the demise of Scottish football.

Well Scottish football now have us - the guinea pigs - to see if this is indeed the case.

We'll be playing in that league of 18 next season - if reports go to plan - we will then be in the important position of proving that small leagues made up of 10/12 teams have strangled our game.

We have magnificent facilities in place to bring young players through, we will be playing in lots of games where we can afford to blood outstanding potential talent for the future, we've done quite well so far given the illegal transfer embargo judging by the teenagers pulling on the jersey just now after only 6 months into this season.

Maybe we will be the saviours of Scottish football, maybe we'll produce some of the finest talent seen in this country for decades, maybe it's an impossibility but we have a helluva opportunity in front of us.

Scottish football has always looked up to Rangers as guiding lights, nothing has changed.

Hope we can deliver, and return to our rightful place.

10/10 for enthusism :thup:

Absolutely but we're paying out a fortune on PR people. And I don't see us winning many battles.

If this point has been discussed later in the thread I apologise, I've only reached page 3 so far.

PR is a multi-faceted discipline and in my opinion we're winning most of the battles Charles Green is choosing to fight just now. Celtic held a major press conference yesterday, it was pre-arranged and the media had been informed that Lawell would be present, he'd be making a major announcement and would be taking questions from the floor. Now in Scottish media terms that's as good as it gets. That's 2 or 3 days worth of material right there. Celtic announcing a new shirt sponsor, a multi-million pound deal with a global brand in a depressed market against great uncertainty in football; that's a great bit of business by Celtic, perfectly timed to follow the league reconstruction plans. It's easy stories for journalists and it's being handed to them on a plate.

What's on the back pages today? What's everyone, and I mean everyone, talking about today? It ain't Celtic's new sponsors that's for sure.

Green gave an interview to the club's own website, more or less off-the-cuff and today is dominating the media and the agenda. Indeed a third division club, with no vote or say in reconstruction is dominating the discourse on it this week. E

We're not just winning some PR battles we're carrying out massacres just now.

To understand PR properly it's important to understand what the strategy is. From my position, outside, i'm privy to no inside information on this, I think we're playing a very good PR game just now. Whether the 'PR' we're getting suits supporters is a different question, it definitely suits the owners though.