Rangers Adidas Deal

sports shops in china, thailand, russia, america, canada, argentina and brazil which stock nike celtic tops will not be stocking macron rangers jerseys, of that we can be 100% certain.

But whenever this gets mentioned we are told nobody buys them they only buy knock off its a waste of time, can't have it both ways..

But whenever this gets mentioned we are told nobody buys them they only buy knock off its a waste of time, can't have it both ways..

there are knock off things everywhere mate in every country, not just football kits. i have been all over the world. their strip is everywhere in official outlets. they are a major signing for nike sadly.

sports shops in china, thailand, russia, america, canada, argentina and brazil which stock nike celtic tops will not be stocking macron rangers jerseys, of that we can be 100% certain.

Is there not an downside to these "megabucks" Nike deals? Is it not the case that they take a hefty amount of commission/percentage of sales? I'm sure that is the reason Rangers went elsewhere after their five year stint with NIke. Rangers tops were one of their biggest sellers all over the world but the club got very little of the actual profit? Don't quote me on this as I'm just recalling an interview I read with the then European marketing guy Brian Marwood (now at Man City). I also might be talking complete cobblers....

there are knock off things everywhere mate in every country, not just football kits. i have been all over the world. their strip is everywhere in official outlets. they are a major signing for nike sadly.

Tend agree on the Tim top everywhere gets me spitting feathers but you do get the satisfaction of hiding them behind other teams tops. :) At the moment we have to go with the deal that gives us the most money I'm afraid. Anyway this is all just speculation started by "I got a text from my mate thread on FF" wait and see what happens and the value of the deal before we all go off half cocked again.

Also have to say as a Dad of 4 who lays out a fortune on tops over a year I'm looking for the company who can actually make a good top that won't fall apart first time it hits the washing machine or gets a pull while the kids play. Christ I've turned into my Mum overnight. :eek2:

Edited by GovanAllan

Is there not an downside to these "megabucks" Nike deals? Is it not the case that they take a hefty amount of commission/percentage of sales? I'm sure that is the reason Rangers went elsewhere after their five year stint with NIke. Rangers tops were one of their biggest sellers all over the world but the club got very little of the actual profit? Don't quote me on this as I'm just recalling an interview I read with the then European marketing guy Brian Marwood (now at Man City). I also might be talking complete cobblers....

if it didnt make celtic good money they wouldnt be with them, that mob alre all about money and all about themselves. even if nike takes a cut, you have to imagine because of the huge exposure, it would still be better than going with a brand which cannot get out there like a diadora, umbro or macron.

Tend agree on the Tim top everywhere gets me spitting feathers but you do get the satisfaction of hiding them behind other teams tops. :) At the moment we have to go with the deal that gives us the most money I'm afraid. Anyway this is all just speculation started by "I got a text from my mate thread on FF" wait and see what happens and the value of the deal before we all go off half cocked again.

Also have to say as a Dad of 4 who lays out a fortune on tops over a year I'm looking for the company who can actually make a good top that won't fall apart first time it hits the washing machine or gets a pull while the kids play. Christ I've turned into my Mum overnight. :eek2:

i do that too! hahaha i do it with the birthday cakes in asda as well, put the rangers ones to the front and celtic ones to the back out of sight!

we have had a few stinkers quality wise. i always find you get what you pay for with clothing and adidas and nike are not the best and most expensive for no reason.

is the brand important so long as the quality's good? take the liverpool example. They had a 6 year deal with adidas wortk £12m per year which adidas ended because they said liverpool weren't a successful enough side anymore. They then got the warrior deal which is worth £25m per year. Which would you rather have?