How can we be running at a loss due to the wage bill?

Sorry, I thought the thread was about green talking pish again. My mistake. People seem to think because he tells us we will be making a loss this year, that it's ok. God forbid we ask any questions why a team as bad as ours means we can't even stay in the black, starting from a blank balance sheet. It's hardly a new business in the true sense ofthe word. It's not as if he has had to buy a new stadium and new team. All we got was Templeton, a few spl nobodies, and the failed decorator. The money for developements etc is coming from the share issue, so you can knock that off any calculations.

The shit will hit the fan when we actually have to buy some decent players. The share money wont last forever, so we will need a good stadium sponsorship deal just to break even. Dave King was 100% correct. We can't compete with celtic unless we make a significant loss. The sad reality of Scottish football im afraid.

not under this regime anyway. when fans accept this and more realise it, we will be in meltdown.

The truth is never stupid. When have we ever made a decent profit, or even a profit of any kind? Unless we all want to sit and watch them collect 10 in a row unchallenged, we will have to go back into debt. Selling the stadium rights for a million or two and a few more shirts just wont cut it. Debt or not making a profit is how football teams win things. Winning things give you the means to service the debt, CL etc. I admit we have to box a little more clever with our money, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Paying top dollar for an average manager, and giving the likes of jig and the decorator good long contracts.

murray never ran us well at all, ever. bain jus made matters worse. we have been a financial shambles for decades. i believe it can be done though but not under greens restrictive policy. i agree 100% with your last few sentences too.

We can't speculate to accumulate anymore, even with some of the best players in Europe in the 90s we generally failed in the CL.

The mystic meg stuff is hard to debate since I can't see into the future. We have what we have and unless someone buys the current regime out we'll need to wait and see. I assume if/when we win our first title under Green humble pie will be eaten?

murray never ran us well at all, ever. bain jus made matters worse. we have been a financial shambles for decades. i believe it can be done though but not under greens restrictive policy. i agree 100% with your last few sentences too.

Our wage bill for players used to be upwards of 20/30 million, it's now about 7 million. Under this 30 odd percent of turnover policy to be spent on players, it's not going to get anywhere near the old levels, and even then we toiled to win the league. A few seasons of not winning the spl, and our book sales will drop, leading to more players cuts, and less success. The 80's are about to repeat themselves, only this time the titles wont be shared around. It will all be theirs.

Literally, our only hope is a rich bear buying most of the shares and stopping us being run as a cash cow for english suits. The sad part of it is, green has told his plans, and the majority think it's a goer. Mental.

We can't speculate to accumulate anymore, even with some of the best players in Europe in the 90s we generally failed in the CL.

The mystic meg stuff is hard to debate since I can't see into the future. We have what we have and unless someone buys the current regime out we'll need to wait and see. I assume if/when we win our first title under Green humble pie will be eaten?

If we win a title under green and co, I will happily show my arse at Ibrox at half time for a season.

Our wage bill for players used to be upwards of 20/30 million, it's now about 7 million. Under this 30 odd percent of turnover policy to be spent on players, it's not going to get anywhere near the old levels, and even then we toiled to win the league. A few seasons of not winning the spl, and our book sales will drop, leading to more players cuts, and less success. The 80's are about to repeat themselves, only this time the titles wont be shared around. It will all be theirs.

Literally, our only hope is a rich bear buying most of the shares and stopping us being run as a cash cow for english suits. The sad part of it is, green has told his plans, and the majority think it's a goer. Mental.

Now we're doing nationality stereotypes?

we wont be winning any spl/top league titles anytime soon, that is for sure. celtic will most likely do 10 in a row before our fans wake up. thats not just greens fault though.