How can we be running at a loss due to the wage bill?

Having an SPL track record doesn't mean they will look fine when playing top level in 3 years time. Put into the SPL right now, I'd say at least 7 or 8 out of a common Rangers starting XI would be lost.

Five of our additions had pretty strong SPL track records, the players we kept obviously have as well and I don't think McKay and Macleod would look out of place

what about on the sidelines though? these players need guidance, help and support from a quality coaching team. we would be fighting relegation in the spl with this team.

End of the day there's no way we can prove it for sure either way what was in Green's head.

But it doesn't change my view that they walked away for their own greed, and if any of them are ever welcomed back to Ibrox again i'll be considering my future.

i wont argue they walked to help themselves but my point is they done us and green a huge favour ripping up their contracts.

i wont argue they walked to help themselves but my point is they done us and green a huge favour ripping up their contracts.

Matter of opinion again since I believe quick fire deals could have been arranged.

what about on the sidelines though? these players need guidance, help and support from a quality coaching team. we would be fighting relegation in the spl with this team.

Well if we were the management would likely get changed.

The squad will inevitably change when we move up.

Definetely mate. The question is, why did we not acquire players who will cost us less wages if we're not taking said players into the SPL anyway. Could have saved us a lot of money I reckon.

End of the day there's no way we can prove it for sure either way what was in Green's head.

But it doesn't change my view that they walked away for their own greed, and if any of them are ever welcomed back to Ibrox again i'll be considering my future.

I'm not sure on this point tbh. I understand and agree with a lot of the strong feelings against these players, but for some of them at least, if they wanted to come back on a free and play for an acceptable wage when we're back in the SPL, I'd probably accept that.

Coming back as fans - I think they should be able to do so without fearing for their safety. I don't think they should expect a hero's welcome though.

Definetely mate. The question is, why did we not acquire players who will cost us less wages if we're not taking said players into the SPL anyway. Could have saved us a lot of money I reckon.

Green didn't know much about Scottish football at that time and I imagine Ally told him he needed these players to be sure of getting the required promotions.