Leggoland - Names The Culprits

totally agree....however there is an element of social responsibility. Where is his proof - an anonymous email with 2 names on it???? Hardly concrete evidence.

What if his "proof" is later shown to be completely wrong??? He could probably get done with slander/libel (cannae mind the difference).

While Leggat isn't responsible for how some peoples react or behave, he does have a responsibility knowing how previous instances like this have unraveled and the potential grief that may be caused to these individuals. If he has proof about these guys, then surely a formal complaint to their employers is a much better way to deal with the situation - this would obviously need to be backed up with concrete evidence.

Previous instances didn't include the bottom part where he mentions about reacting properly.

It's also the internet, people write a lot of shite on the internet. People like Alex Tomo get PAID to write shite on the internet. It could be libel, but he doesn't say 100% it is them. Just that he received an email with two names, could they be the names he was looking for?

Reckless grasping for attention and recognition by Leggo. His oh-so-responsible little caveat at the end does nothing to detract from the fact that this article lines the Rangers support up for yet another shafting by the very people he is trying to hurt, ie the popular Scottish media. Fucking numbnut.

How exactly does he line us up? I agree on some of the other blogs he written but not on this one. It's gossip/rumour without trying to claim it's fact.

I thought I had heard the name, Kevin Mansi before and a quick check of retained pieces confirmed.

A couple of seasons past, ra Sellik visited Tynecastle and those jolly craicsters in the Roseburn stand behaved in their established manner. During the match, an incident saw the green'n'grey hordes shower the pitch with coins. A Hearts ballboy was his on the head and collapsed. The coins continued to cascade, even as he was receiving treatment. The lad returned home after the game and collapsed again, he was rushed to hospital. He was admitted and eventually diagnosed with a brain injury, the direct result of being struck by coins.

The story was sourced and released the following evening. The Daily Record building was it's usual hive of activity but the then Editor, Bruce Waddell was off and out of office. Responsibility for front page decisions and Editorial fell to both the News Editor, Kevin Mansi and Head of News, Tom Hamilton. Both were conduits for Paul McBride QC continual on-message(source close to the Celtic Board) outpourings. The newsfloor were holding the front page, a 14 year old suffering a brain injury was definitely front page, wasn't it?

Kevin Mansi decided the story was worthy of two paragraphs on PAGE 23, the word Celtic did not appear on the page.

At this moment at the Daily Record/Sunday Mail, the Editor is Allan Rennie, the News Editor is Kevin Mansi, the Sports Editor is Austin Barrett, and Peter Lawwell recently signed a commercial agreement on behalf of ra Sellik and both titles. Oh, and the usual suspects continue to refer to both as the, 'Daily Ranger' and the 'Sunday Mason'.

No one is going to sue Leggat for liable because his allegations aren't libellous. It isn't libellous to allege someone is a Celtic supporter, it isn't libellous to allege someone held their head in their hands when they heard the the tax case news and it isn't libellous to allege someone uttered a profanity when hearing the news.

It'll win them a few more friends in other areas though.

The Daily Record is still an important opinion former in Scotland but not nearly as important as it was 5 years ago. Its influence is waining with every passing year. Newspapers have always been partial, they take positions on political issues all the time and sell themselves accordingly. That the Record has chosen to position itself as broadly Celtic friendly isn't a big surprise. It's a commercial decision and they are at the mercy of market forces. If they feel it is the right commercial decision then good luck to them. They won't get any of my money but I'm not their target market anymore so that's fine with them.

Broadcast media are far more influential and in this country have always been impartial. That's clearly not been the case in recent years and that's what needs addressed. The imbalance in reporting in radio and TV needs challenged and the balance needs levelled again. Either that or they need to admit to their bias, you shouldn't claim impartiality whilst perpetrating the opposite.

I wondered if the inclusion of the guy from the Rangers Standard on Radio Scotland the other week might be the start of trying to broaden their output. We'll see.

Guest Blue Pimpernel

Well, what would your response be?

Love him or loathe, the guy is out EVERY day doing his bit to rail against Rangers haters. He's doing his bit but folk come out and criticise him?

That's a bit like criticising a soldier who is not killing an enemy with every shot during the war, or not being as effective a killer as a tank.

By all means criticise, I'm sure the guy would welcome it but maybe in situations like this it would be better to educate by example? in other words outdo Leggo by

actions and deeds, that way people will forget all about him.

I'd be very surprised if he came out with such a bold statement without of course having the guarantee of a very reliable witness, otherwise he'd be extremely foolish, suicidal even. Leggo would no doubt be first to admit he floats kites, this is clearly not one, as will doubtless be evident in the DR's response or not. An emphatic and explicit a come-on as you are likely to see, I hope it flushes more than few rats out, for it IS fighting talk and demanding of a response.

We are being walked all over everywhere you look yet people are not prepared to back up our defenders without whom we'd be facing a TOTAL walkover. Leggo and Bill McMurdo should receive medals for their stalwart endeavours on

daily basis in defence of our club, who does more?

Edited by Blue Pimpernel