Keith Jackson in today's record

We renew season tickets out of loyalty (and if we can afford it personally of course). We've never asked for or expected an annual financial report as a condition.

which eneded up a problem. fans have to trust the board to rub the club properly, during murrays 20 odd years too many people didnt care how bad the books were as long as we were getting one over celtic and winning trophies. making sure our business is run properly now must be key for the whole rangers family.

no one would listen. too many were too busy trying to get one up the spl teams including the manager and ceo thinking they were smart bringing in a couple of sl players. common sense could have told anyone we needed battlers who could play a bit and people to play for the jersey. we didnt need prima donnas and over paid journeymen.

There were plenty of admirers for Black and Shiels though as being guys who could play a bit and, in Black's case, a battler.

Regardless though, each of the SPL4 were some of the better players in their SPL teams and if part of the reasoning for signing them was a belief that we would only have a 1 year hiatus from the SPL then the philosophy of signing them was sound, especially with another 6 months of an embargo in play were we back in the SPL.

Now that it is looking like we wont be back in the SPL next season then it is all too easy to start casting complaints at Green, McCoist etc for signing these players. The wages we can agree are probably OTT but surely the reasoning behind signing them isnt ?

which eneded up a problem. fans have to trust the board to rub the club properly, during murrays 20 odd years too many people didnt care how bad the books were as long as we were getting one over celtic and winning trophies. making sure our business is run properly now must be key for the whole rangers family.

Of course, but i'm afraid I could never hold my season ticket to ransom unless there was solid indisputable evidence that Green was being crooked or something similar.

The 2nd set should surely be accounted as revenues received in advance and be consigned to the balance sheet though - they shouldnt go through the income statement as they will relate to a future period.

You accountants have many ways of making something look like something it's not....:)

I'm not doubting you for a second but I don't think that's the way Green & co will portray it, he's the fast and loose type when it comes to bandying around figures.

You accountants have many ways of making something look like something it's not....:)

I'm not doubting you for a second but I don't think that's the way Green & co will portray it, he's the fast and loose type when it comes to bandying around figures.

He may do but it would be folly for him to do so as the accountants/auditors if doing their job properly would have the 2nd set of ST income in the balance sheet as suggested. If the accounts are up till June of 2013 then any ST monies for next season should not hit the income statement until that season which would be the accounts to June 30, 2014.

If Green portrays it that way then he is being more than economical with the numbers.

Some of us accountants can be creative, I will give you that..... :D

There were plenty of admirers for Black and Shiels though as being guys who could play a bit and, in Black's case, a battler.

Regardless though, each of the SPL4 were some of the better players in their SPL teams and if part of the reasoning for signing them was a belief that we would only have a 1 year hiatus from the SPL then the philosophy of signing them was sound, especially with another 6 months of an embargo in play were we back in the SPL.

Now that it is looking like we wont be back in the SPL next season then it is all too easy to start casting complaints at Green, McCoist etc for signing these players. The wages we can agree are probably OTT but surely the reasoning behind signing them isnt ?

i dont believe black was ever a battler, he was a coward who hacked people from behind. i was against his signing even before he signed for other reasons.

the reason we signed them was to go for the domestic cups, both ally and green admitted this. ally was allowed to spend so much on wages so we could make a right good go at winning a cup or two.

i always thought it was good business practise to run at a loss in a companies first year due to tax issues. maybe charles and the board are running us at a loss on purpose and he believes he has it under control and knows what he is doing.

Edited by kuznetsov

At the time very few were complaining with the signings of Sandaza, Shiels, Black and Templeton (personally I didnt want Black and was vocal at the time).... yet here we are with hindsight complaining that we bought SPL standard players when we should have been buying lower division journeymen. I didnt hear too many looking for that scenario last August......

I didn't want us to sign Sandaza, Kyle or Black and said so last summer. Templeton was the only one of those 4 players I thought we should be signing and even he has slightly disappointed me to be honest because while he's a cracking wee player he seems to lose possession far far too often. McKay does too, but he's still learning and will hopefully improve that side of his game. I remember Weiss getting absolutely hammered for losing possession too often and supposedly 'flattering to deceive', but Templeton seems even worse than Weiss was. Anyway, I still like Templeton as a player, I just think he needs to work on the ball retention and passing to a team mate aspects of his game and he'll be sound.

If these players were performing to a high standard and we were playing wonderful football and hammering teams I'm not so sure anyone would be complaining too much about their wages,they are not performing so the wages seem way too much,all signings are gambles.