Why shouldn't it be 55 and counting when Gers win the Div.3 title?

Guest Geo the Ger

When did Blue Mazza say she thought that having a 7 mill wage bill was the best way to win the 3rd division. stop trying to distract, by blaming others, for your stupid statement.

Well done Pete, Admin power wades in again for no need you sure your ex-KGB.

Funny how its always you.

Wowzers you are not getting this are you? We didn't exactly go out and blow £7 million on players to win Division 3 now did we? We had players on contracts.

I'm far from happy with a lot of things, but I accept the position we are in, which is unique and I in no way expect everything to be fixed in one go. It's like a YEAR since we went in admin, what the hell do you expect to have happened?

Your posts are silly on this and please do not presume to know my thoughts, or put words in my mouth.

Your the one telling me, its great to play the Barca's and the Man U or the Chelsea's and the Real Madrid, what I'm saying is what's the point if we will never ever have a chance of matching them, head off a brick wall springs to mind.

You wonder why the Scottish game is dying, its because the big 2 have spent the rest into a coma state, everybody is just going through the motions with the brief chance of some cup success every once in a while.

My point is we have just raised that situation to the bloody crazy level of spending 7mill on winning a part time league.

We should be embarrassed about winning this league with that amount of money not debating if it counts to 54.

Did I moderate your posts? Does everything I say come from a moderation point of view?

Is it always me? You made a statement:

We moan about the CL when we played there because everybody had a massive budget and we had hee haw, that was tantamount to cheating. But it's ok when the shoe is on the other foot and we have a massive budget and they rest have less than hee haw.

As a Rangers supporter I totally disagree with that. Then you spent the rest of the thread trying to deflect what you said in any way possible

Sorry GA this is nothing to do with moderation but with debating the statement you have deflected from since you made it.

Did I moderate your posts? Does everything I say come from a moderation point of view?

Is it always me? You made a statement:

As a Rangers supporter I totally disagree with that. Then you spent the rest of the thread trying to deflect what you said in any way possible

Sorry GA this is nothing to do with moderation but with debating the statement you have deflected from since you made it.

Always seems to be you looking over my shoulder these days, I'm sure BM is a big enough girl to stand up for herself and by her posts she was doing fine without you.

Well as a Rangers supporter I don't so live with it. I was past pissed off coming up against the mega rich in the CL just to be used as cannon fodder because they have more money than God can piss, then we find out they didn't actually have that money its all on the never never.

For me that's cheating, and spending 7mill to win this league isn't far behind only difference is we actually have that money to spend.

So back to the original OP why would we want to include a League win that with our budget was past a certainty, so much so you couldn't get a bet on us winning this league.

I honestly would've rather really played a team of youngsters and not the myth that we have, and lost this year giving the boys time to grow and really become a team. Instead of the usual Rangers reaction of spend wasted money on the usual sub standard crap we always have without any really monetary return, its like watching the film GroundHog Day only to discover your actually in it.

"Sub-standard" crap ... people do realize that this "sub-standard" crap was hailed for going into the fourth tier of the Scottish game to fight for our cause, while 30odd players did not. And these 30odd represent the large quantity of footballers who simply would not come to us either. Right now, these by Rangers previous standards "average" players have a hard time putting a good performance together, for whatever reason. That does not make them any worse footballers though. I noted that Naismith and Jelavic are rather "rotten" for months too - that happens. It has happened and will happen again. We should accept that these players of us will not exactly shine for the club and we should get on with that. Constantly bashing the dead horse will only increase the frustration ... and IMHO suit some people's agendas. We all know that we can do better and will do better. Not now, perhaps, not next week or next months. But we neither should pretend that it did not happen before and is an utterly new experience. And people should also realize that any new players coming to Ibrox these coming years will most likely not wet many a people's appetite either. Curse Whyte for that, remind yourself who wanted to go into the 3rd and start to life with and accept the facts that such actions brought to the club.

For the sake of clarity here Allan. This website, like others, has administrators and moderators. And they are entitled to an opinion like the rest of us - we need to respect that they will post their opinion as a MEMBER and not necessarily as a moderator.

Pete is clearly posting his opinion as a member, not as a moderator or admin.

So it clearly has absolutely nothing to do with "Admin power".

Your the one telling me, its great to play the Barca's and the Man U or the Chelsea's and the Real Madrid, what I'm saying is what's the point if we will never ever have a chance of matching them, head off a brick wall springs to mind.

You wonder why the Scottish game is dying, its because the big 2 have spent the rest into a coma state, everybody is just going through the motions with the brief chance of some cup success every once in a while.

My point is we have just raised that situation to the bloody crazy level of spending 7mill on winning a part time league.

We should be embarrassed about winning this league with that amount of money not debating if it counts to 54.

Allan, most of that 7 million would have been spent regardless of what league we would have been in.

As BlueMazza says, we had players on contracts and we would have had to honour those contracts or paid to terminate them if we wanted wages to come down.

Looking at the players signed in the summer it seems that your biggest issue is with the SPL 4. Fair enough, we maybe didnt need to be paying them 7k a week each. However, we DID need numbers in the door so it isnt unreasonable to assume that we would have had to have paid about 3k a week had we got different alternatives. So the savings on those 4 would only have been 800k for the year.

Who else did we bring in ? Cribari, Argyriou, Faure, Kyle - any I have left out ? And I cant imagine that any of that group will be costing us a particularly large amount of money and it must also be remembered that we lost pretty much a whole squad so NEEDED replacements. We can debate the merits and qualities of those players all we want, but it cant be argued we needed replacements.

To put this another way.... Given your preference for signing lower division journeymen rather than retain what we had - just how much do you think YOU could have got the wage bill to if you were in charge ? And dont forget to also factor in the fact that you would more than likely have to pay off those contracts for the higher paid players that you would want to get rid of because their salaries are too high for the SFL3.

I respect your opinion on most things Allan, but your suggestion that we are "cheating" to win SFL3 is, frankly, ridiculous. When we call ourselves cheats we really dont need to worry about defending ourselves from the Tims and the daily rhags. I am astounded you liken this to cheating, but that is your prerogative. But no amount of debate will ever have me agree with you on this one.

Who else did we bring in ? Cribari, Argyriou, Faure, Kyle - any I have left out ? And I cant imagine that any of that group will be costing us a particularly large amount of money and it must also be remembered that we lost pretty much a whole squad so NEEDED replacements. We can debate the merits and qualities of those players all we want, but it cant be argued we needed replacements.

cribari will most likely be on more than the spl4, alexander and wallace as well. i think he is our second highest earner at the club right now after jig. boca and goians combined 37k per week dont count this year but will in the summer.