I Love Ally McCoist

Green probably siphoned it..... he is, after all, stealing everything else at Rangers :fish:

Good one! :D

Hilarious, only McCoist would get away with that.

I couldn't criticise anyone for running out of petrol since I've done it myself a few times. One time it was in a truck half way between Paris & Cannes and the director of my company was sleeping in my passenger seat. He wasn't amused when he woke up! :D

Do we HAVE to bring Boyd into this thread ?

It is about the merits of Ally, no reason to bring Boyd into it. Pointless in fact.

In MY opinion, if McCoist has been compared to Boyd in the past then defending that comparising merits Ally in every way. This thread is all about how good McCoist was not how bad some have compared him.

Edited by Gribz

In MY opinion, if McCoist has been compared to Boyd in the past then defending that comparising merits Ally in every way. This thread is all about how good McCoist was not how bad some have compared him.

So, you admit, NOTHING to do with Boyd then ? So no need to bring him into the thread.

So, you admit, NOTHING to do with Boyd then ? So no need to bring him into the thread.

Aye ok then, really not sure where you are coming from here.

I'll reword my sentence shall I "One of the biggest insults to McCoist is anyone comparing xxxx former player with him"

Aye ok then, really not sure where you are coming from here.

I'll reword my sentence shall I "One of the biggest insults to McCoist is anyone comparing xxxx former player with him"

I am not sure why you arent getting it Gribz.

This thread was started as one in which people were showing their admiration for McCoist. It then morphed into being one in which people provide their highlights of Ally whether it be goals or antics or whatever.

But at no point was it one which brought other players into the thread. I STILL fail to see what relevance Boyd has to this thread, other than that it sidetracks it from the main thrust of the topic, being applauding Ally.

I dont even get the relevance of your re-phrasing. This thread was about the positives of McCoist, so I fail to see the relevance of bringing ANY former player into it. I dont see the need to, when the thread is really only about Ally and his exploits.

That said, I will admit, many threads have gone off track on here recently - and this one is heading the same way as we debate McCoist vs Boyd - which is where my annoyance lay because there is, IMHO, absolutely no relevance to the thread in doing so. Same as there would be no relevance comparing McCoist to Mols, or Flo or DJ or any other number of strikers when the thread is solely about McCoist.

Anyway, thats me said my piece on it - not sure why you dont get what I am saying. But I will leave it at that because I see this thread becoming less about Ally and more about silly comparisons to him and Boyd.

This thread was started as one in which people were showing their admiration for McCoist. It then morphed into being one in which people provide their highlights of Ally whether it be goals or antics or whatever.

But at no point was it one which brought other players into the thread. I STILL fail to see what relevance Boyd has to this thread, other than that it sidetracks it from the main thrust of the topic, being applauding Ally.

I dont even get the relevance of your re-phrasing. This thread was about the positives of McCoist, so I fail to see the relevance of bringing ANY former player into it. I dont see the need to, when the thread is really only about Ally and his exploits.

That said, I will admit, many threads have gone off track on here recently - and this one is heading the same way as we debate McCoist vs Boyd - which is where my annoyance lay because there is, IMHO, absolutely no relevance to the thread in doing so. Same as there would be no relevance comparing McCoist to Mols, or Flo or DJ or any other number of strikers when the thread is solely about McCoist.

Anyway, thats me said my piece on it - not sure why you dont get what I am saying. But I will leave it at that because I see this thread becoming less about Ally and more about silly comparisons to him and Boyd.

At least it hasn't morphed into the latest Green conspiracy rant.:(

Calm down Craig, you're totally overreacting and playing thick for some strange reason. Gribz explained his reasoning for the McCoist/Boyd comparison. It won't be the 1st time another player or manager has been mentioned in a specific player/manager thread.

Cheer up!

Nah Im still lost. And this will be my last explanation because if anything its your posts which has derailed the thread. To me your post was a knee jerk reaction and you couldnt resist the temptation of having a go. There was absolutely no references to Boyd's career or game at all. All that was said was McCoist has been compared to Boyd in the past as goal poachers and I purely said this is a insult to McCoists game / career / style of play. I mentioned look at McCoist videos in the 80s and 90s and the standard of opposition - that is all McCoist related.

He has never been compared to Flo, Mols, Durie or Hateley, they all had different styles. The only other striker that might have got a mention on style of play is Billy Dodds, who was a fine poacher, but couldnt lace Allys boots.

I think McCoist had the reputation of just being the No.9 tap in type of striker, which for 80% of his career is maybe correct, but I feel there is disjuctice and Ally was a far better all round player than he was given credit for. Goals like setting Gazza up at Parkhead are an example (below), his run away from the defender and pass was inch perfect as Gazza ran the length of the pitch.

Edited by Gribz

So, so many moments to choose from. We've already had some of the top ones in this thread, so I'll offer up the 1996 league cup final against Hearts at Parkhead.

McCoist scores the first two goals (a great turn and low shot from the edge of the box and then a stooping header from about two yards out), but Hearts get back to 2:2 and start dominating play through McCann.

Coisty goes mental at Gazza who has drifted out of the game, shouting in his face to get his finger out and Gazza then responds with two of his best goals to win the Cup.

We should never, ever, underestimate the man's will to win and his capacity to keep coming back again and again until he gets it right. Legend.