Orlit Enterprises to seek winding up order against Rangers

They're due £400K according to our friends at C4 news...

Orlit Enterprises, based in Singapore, is seeking to petition the Scottish Court for a winding-up order against Rangers. Sources close to this legal action have spoken exclusively to Channel 4 News today.

This claim arises from the clubâ??s alleged failure to pay two of the four invoices issued by Orlit. The outstanding sum is £400,000.

The source has clarified to Channel 4 News that Orlit Enterprises was contracted to source and introduce the investors who provided seed capital in order to acquire the club from the administrator and to secure the June 2012 payroll.

Orlit did not participate in either the pre-IPO equity fundraising or the IPO itself.

My sources indicated to me that there has been no satisfactory answer from the club as to its non-payment despite several requests. In the circumstances, the application for a winding-up order of the Rangers Football Club Limited â?? being the trading company obliged to pay the debt . Sources close to Orlit say they now have no other option than to embark upon winding up proceedings.

We are seeking comment on this from Rangers. Of course they may well have very sound reasons and defence for not paying.

This all sounds dramatic stuff and it may possibly play that way. But one should remember that winding-up petitions are often used as a method of extracting payment from companies.

This is hardly to be taken as gospel either.

However, i'd hope Green will release a statement if it's going to make the news.

Club will need to clarify this and should have done so before now.

I disagree, the club should not need to clarify stuff from a madman's blog.

Like it or not mad Phil gets the odd selected scoop from people who enjoy causing us problems. While I'd generally agree we should not dance to their tune, occasionally it's worth locking the stable door before the horse bolts.

The club could even have leaked their answer in a similar way. If you can't beat them...

Like it or not mad Phil gets the odd selected scoop from people who enjoy causing us problems. While I'd generally agree we should not dance to their tune, occasionally it's worth locking the stable door before the horse bolts.

The club could even have leaked their answer in a similar way. If you can't beat them...

Perhaps, but I still think we'd never be done talking if we respond to certain people.

Now that it's made something like Channel 4 though we need clarification, however little credibility Thomson has.