RFC statement-media reports

i dont know if your willfully misunderstanding my point or not but i will have one last go. green is using our money to fund his purchase of the club. that is moraly wrong.

You might want to rephrase the above.

Green did NOT use our money to fund the purchase of the club (I will give leeway for the use of "his purchase" too) - it could be argued that he used OUR money (not strictly true either) to SOURCE INVESTORS.

The money owed to Orlit is NOT for the purchase of the club, it is for the sourcing of investors to ultimately purchase the club. Very different scenarios GS.

Also, how is it OUR money ? It is the club's money and that is not the fans money. Yes, we buy ST's merchandise, beverages etc etc - but as soon as that gets handed over to the club then it becomes the club's money - to do with as they please (within reason and legality).

Morally wrong ? Possibly - but, let me give you an example of something similar.... my company, a few years ago, decided to obtain external financing and, in order to do so, utilised Goldman Sachs to "underwrite" the deal (not underwrite in terms of assuring we would get the amount of funds we wanted, but underwriting in terms of trying to "sell" the business to parties who would be willing to invest in our product)... and, guess who paid for the pleasure of Goldman Sachs to "source investors" ??? Yep, my Company did.

Goldman Sachs sourced investors in a debt (debentures) in our company and walked away with more than 2% of the debenture proceeds, which to Goldman amounted to 8 figures - all for sourcing investors. And we paid for the pleasure.

Not very different to what happened with Orlit I would contend. And I dont think that it is necessarily wrong. But that depends on the individual and how they view business deals and what they consider morally wrong.

I just see it as being a part of the business world. It happens.....

your not that stupid so i suggest we stop here.

I'm being serious, the money is the club's once they have it. The reason people say Whyte used the fans' money is because he sold off three years of season ticket cash, the fan's money was going to be going straight to Ticketus and the working capital for the club was written off.

This stuff is vastly different.

You might want to rephrase the above.

Green did NOT use our money to fund the purchase of the club (I will give leeway for the use of "his purchase" too) - it could be argued that he used OUR money (not strictly true either) to SOURCE INVESTORS.

The money owed to Orlit is NOT for the purchase of the club, it is for the sourcing of investors to ultimately purchase the club. Very different scenarios GS.

Also, how is it OUR money ? It is the club's money and that is not the fans money. Yes, we buy ST's merchandise, beverages etc etc - but as soon as that gets handed over to the club then it becomes the club's money - to do with as they please (within reason and legality).

Morally wrong ? Possibly - but, let me give you an example of something similar.... my company, a few years ago, decided to obtain external financing and, in order to do so, utilised Goldman Sachs to "underwrite" the deal (not underwrite in terms of assuring we would get the amount of funds we wanted, but underwriting in terms of trying to "sell" the business to parties who would be willing to invest in our product)... and, guess who paid for the pleasure of Goldman Sachs to "source investors" ??? Yep, my Company did.

Goldman Sachs sourced investors in a debt (debentures) in our company and walked away with more than 2% of the debenture proceeds, which to Goldman amounted to 8 figures - all for sourcing investors. And we paid for the pleasure.

Not very different to what happened with Orlit I would contend. And I dont think that it is necessarily wrong. But that depends on the individual and how they view business deals and what they consider morally wrong.

I just see it as being a part of the business world. It happens.....

yeah and if he used our money to source investors what else did he use it for.

is this why we are running at a loss?

what were the 1.75 million in repaid loans from the prospectus.

i dont care how common it is its morally wrong imho.

yeah and if he used our money to source investors what else did he use it for.

is this why we are running at a loss?

what were the 1.75 million in repaid loans from the prospectus.

i dont care how common it is its morally wrong imho.

I thought you expected us to run at a loss?

I'm being serious, the money is the club's once they have it. The reason people say Whyte used the fans' money is because he sold off three years of season ticket cash, the fan's money was going to be going straight to Ticketus and the working capital for the club was written off.

This stuff is vastly different.

the money wasnt going straight to ticketus it was going to the club and then being paid to them. the only difference in this is the sums involved.