the delay of the shirt manufacturer

no, that was just one example. i did mention ex pats too below that. another example. and signing players from random countries another.

oh im not, trust me, i am not. i just thought it was widely accepted they were globally "larger". i have never saw anyone argue it until you did. i am actually pleasantly surprised it may not be true tbh.

the gap is only getting bigger atm. we need back in the big time asap.

Signing players from random countries comes down to scouting and the player's talent - not based on their location. IIRC, even Nakamura didn't add much to their strip sales by all accounts.

Where is it 'widely accepted' they are globally larger? I see no evidence of this and even less coverage suggesting it - other than from Celtic fans of course. You seemed quite certain they had 'lots' more and find it funny that I 'wish' we sold more strips than them. Like I say, a bizarre attitude from a bear.

Where you are correct is that any perceived gap will be getting bigger so hopefully that will be addressed soonest. And as we seen in the late 90s, it can swing the other way very easily and very quickly. Mainly because the club's are so equal in so many ways!

I think it may be another case of "say it often enough & it becomes fact" - something that they are VERY good at across the city....

And who can blame them when our own fans are so keen to accept these facts. :D

Signing players from random countries comes down to scouting and the player's talent - not based on their location. IIRC, even Nakamura didn't add much to their strip sales by all accounts.

Where is it 'widely accepted' they are globally larger? I see no evidence of this and even less coverage suggesting it - other than from Celtic fans of course. You seemed quite certain they had 'lots' more and find it funny that I 'wish' we sold more strips than them. Like I say, a bizarre attitude from a bear.

Where you are correct is that any perceived gap will be getting bigger so hopefully that will be addressed soonest. And as we seen in the late 90s, it can swing the other way very easily and very quickly. Mainly because the club's are so equal in so many ways!

which accounts because that is not what i read at the time?

i am a bizarre bear though. i am one of the few remaining with genuine ambition for my club. i am also one of the few remaining who believes we can be finacially healthy, stable and successful playing in scotland. i am also one of the few remaining who expect the standards of our legends from the past to be sustained no matter the quality of player at the club, standards and class cost nothing.

they couldnt touch us in the 90's when we were actually the biggest football club in the uk! :)

again i have been to japan. football isn't big really and fake shirts are rife.

rangers probably made as much out of nakamura as celtc. what with the collective bargaining agreement. but if you imagine he was making them millions why did the have to have a share issue to buy him and went into decline financially and eventually on the park almost from the day he arrived.

again i have been to japan. football isn't big really and fake shirts are rife.

rangers probably made as much out of nakamura as celtc. what with the collective bargaining agreement. but if you imagine he was making them millions why did the have to have a share issue to buy him and went into decline financially and eventually on the park almost from the day he arrived.

lol 10/10 for effort.

which accounts because that is not what i read at the time?

i am a bizarre bear though. i am one of the few remaining with genuine ambition for my club. i am also one of the few remaining who believes we can be finacially healthy, stable and successful playing in scotland. i am also one of the few remaining who expect the standards of our legends from the past to be sustained no matter the quality of player at the club, standards and class cost nothing.

they couldnt touch us in the 90's when we were actually the biggest football club in the uk! :)

Not convinced we were the biggest football club in the UK during that time actually. Crowds and commercial deals were no bigger than they are now for example.

And, ironically, the club was no better run. In fact it was it was the mismanagement then that turned what should have been an era which set us up for the long term into eventual administration.

Please spare me the nonsense about being one of the few wanting a better club. We all want that but pretending we're a smaller club than Celtic won't change our ambitions. That's what was bizarre.

Not convinced we were the biggest football club in the UK during that time actually. Crowds and commercial deals were no bigger than they are now for example.

And, ironically, the club was no better run. In fact it was it was the mismanagement then that turned what should have been an era which set us up for the long term into eventual administration.

Please spare me the nonsense about being one of the few wanting a better club. We all want that but pretending we're a smaller club than Celtic won't change our ambitions. That's what was bizarre.

according to the club we were. biggest turnover, highest commercial revenue, highest wage bill, more club shops than everyone else and highest attendances in the country at that time(uk). as told on the history of rangers cassette brought out in the late 90'. i cant remember the narrators name, sorry.

it was after 9 in a row all our problems started. our problems started with the arrival of dick advocaat. from then on it was always going to end in tears.

nonsense. our fans are quite happy drawing and losing in the bottom tier and being knocked out of europe by minnows and out of cups by lower league clubs. our fanbase have lost their ambition and lowered all standards and expectations. that is a fact. david murray has drilled all life out of our fans. just look at our manager for proof, still in a job and still with fans thinking he is upto the job. now that, that is bizarre!

You really love to make grand claims about our fans and club without no evidence. I see no Rangers fan happy with drawing or Ally's poor performance. None at all.

As for the problems starting after 9IAR, was that because we had Nike as a strip maker - I thought using them made a club a worldwide certainty? :D

In actual fact, our problems started during 9IAR when our success wasn't invested properly - into a youth system, into scouting, into coaching and into the stadium infrastructure. This meant when DA arrived we gambled money in the short-term with minimal long-term security.