An outsider's view re BBC Scotland and us

The amazing thing is the Tims think that we're given a free ride by the media. Totally ignoring the general tone used to discuss Rangers and the now accepted concept that Rangers are in some way cheats. This is what we're up against.

Indeed so, it is like living in a sf-horror movie where reality is distorted. I've never met one who doesn't think Keevins is a bluenose. To be fair, I haven't knowingly met a tim in over a year now but as late as 2011 they still thought of him as a bluenose and that the Rhebel and BBCeltic were on our side.

The amazing thing is the Tims think that we're given a free ride by the media. Totally ignoring the general tone used to discuss Rangers and the now accepted concept that Rangers are in some way cheats. This is what we're up against.

They still think we are the establishment, but disregard the fact that they are in every top job today of this so called establishment. Delusional victimisation at its very best/worst take your pick.

The main issue I have with BBC Scotland et al is that their news are taken up by the main BBC site (unedited) and via that it goes out into the world as reliable "BBC information". All the big mags - business or football - over here use the BBC as a place of reference. It took us quite an effort to get to the sports departments over here and make it clear to them where to look for genuine information and where not.

More generally, the BBC sits in an ivory tower. As long as they are a self-controlled entity, their gates are sealed and their walls unconquered. With their unreliable and biased reporting about us, they open themselves up to critique and Ofcom though, if people would actually push this on. Not just for our sake, but also the BBC in general. As you Britons are essentially forced to pay this BBC Scotland lot, I in your stead would batter Ofcom & Co. with complaints all day long ...

I know you're a big proponent of written and formal complaints about them to Ofcom etc, but the BBC are generally untouchable dB.

The BBC wasn't designed from the ground up, it was designed from the top down.

The corporation's lofty (you could say palatial) foundations are deliberately juxtaposed with extremely low standards in order to avoid proper accountability and a level of truthfulness that's a big no-no.

The beeb's propaganda, bias problems, avoidance of accountability and truth are here to stay I'm afraid and no amount of battering on Ofcom's door will make an ounce of difference. There's only one way to have a real square go with the BBC and that's through BBC bias and issues being reported and discussed by other British mainstream media outlets (TV, radio & printed press), but most of them are either paid off and under the thumb or simply too scared to risk getting into the ring with the beeb. Then, when someone does pluck up the bollocks to have a real go, the BBC trots out it's prize bullshitters to quickly sweep away any notion of institutional problems or wrongdoing and essentially make a mockery of anyone who dares to question the mighty British Broadcasting Corporation.

It's scarily Orwellian.