Objectionable fan banner against Ashley

I'm probably in a minority of one here but I kind of like the banner. Part of going to football is empowerment, the ability to have a voice and make it heard rarely exists elsewhere in many peoples lives, particularly young people, but it exists at the game.

They've got a point of view and they are entitled to express it. Sometimes direct action is all that's left, as a support we've been treated with such distain that it's good a section of the support are willing to let directors know how they feel. They'll probably be ignored, fans usually are and they don't speak for the majority.

The language used made me laugh, welcome to Glasgow Mr Ashley, anyone who isn't used to earthier words clearly never stood in the East Enclosure.

We need a militant arm to our support, it's normally made up of young guys and they usually annoy older guys, that's part of football fandom.

I'm probably in a minority of one here but I kind of like the banner. Part of going to football is empowerment, the ability to have a voice and make it heard rarely exists elsewhere in many peoples lives, particularly young people, but it exists at the game.

They've got a point of view and they are entitled to express it. Sometimes direct action is all that's left, as a support we've been treated with such distain that it's good a section of the support are willing to let directors know how they feel. They'll probably be ignored, fans usually are and they don't speak for the majority.

The language used made me laugh, welcome to Glasgow Mr Ashley, anyone who isn't used to earthier words clearly never stood in the East Enclosure.

We need a militant arm to our support, it's normally made up of young guys and they usually annoy older guys, that's part of football fandom.

Personally speaking... I don't have a problem with our fans expressing strong opinions, including through the use of colourful language because as you rightly point out, it is football and this is Glasgow after all....

Having said that, I don't really think it's fair to the club or other fans to do it in this way with that banner.

It's not fair to the club when the new owners are trying to build a working relationship with the guy to get his money, the advantages of dealing with his companies and possibly even get one or two good player loan deals from Tyneside thrown into the equation.

It's not fair to other fans who don't share the same view ("fuck off"), especially other fans who were sitting or standing behind or near the banner who don't share that view. I wasn't there and I wouldn't like to speak out for those who were, but there's bound to be a few who weren't (and still aren't) particularly happy about it.

Sorry but that was just a rude and childish way to go about it, and reflects badly on the club and fans. It's one thing swearing during the frustrating process of watching a match, putting it in big letters like that is another.

As for it being typical Glasgow, well again probably doesn't reflect so well on our city. I'm not trying to get on a high horse, like most i'll swear sometimes if I feel compelled to do so, but I don't treat it like a second language either.

It's not fair to other fans who don't share the same view ("fuck off"), especially other fans who were sitting or standing behind or near the banner who don't share that view. I wasn't there and I wouldn't like to speak out for those who were, but there's bound to be a few who weren't (and still aren't) particularly happy about it.

The lot in the Copland Front that keep bringing banners about the naming rights are about two or three rows in front of me, it makes me feel uncomfortable but at the same time feel i'd just be risking trouble if I said anything.

The lot in the Copland Front that keep bringing banners about the naming rights are about two or three rows in front of me, it makes me feel uncomfortable but at the same time feel i'd just be risking trouble if I said anything.

I'm pretty sure there's thousands of fans that feel that way and wouldn't want to risk trouble by voicing their opinion about objecting (or at least not completely agreeing) to the sentiments of certain banners etc. That's something that'll never change barring the odd/occasional exception and it's a good thing in a way because the last thing we need is our fans fighting amongst each other on match days.

Being able to voice your opinion relatively freely without fear of causing serious trouble is one of the great things about forums and other messageboard software and that's one of the reasons I'm really uncomfortable about any suggestions on here or from within our wider online community that people shouldn't speak their mind and voice their honest opinions about the new owners of the club and our current CEO.

After everything that's happened over the past couple of years it actually makes me feel pretty sick that some people would be playing mind games and spreading bad vibes and fear amongst fellow Bears as if people are an "enemy within" and all that dross if they don't support and trust our CEO and his largely mysterious backers. It's already been proven in no uncertain terms that the time to not only be vigilant, but to ask questions and expect answers is always the present, the now, not manana or later after the shits already hit the fan and made a clusterfuck of a mess that nearly wipes out the club.

I'm pretty sure there's thousands of fans that feel that way and wouldn't want to risk trouble by voicing their opinion about objecting (or at least not completely agreeing) to the sentiments of certain banners etc. That's something that'll never change barring the odd/occasional exception and it's a good thing in a way because the last thing we need is our fans fighting amongst each other on match days.

Being able to voice your opinion relatively freely without fear of causing serious trouble is one of the great things about forums and other messageboard software and that's one of the reasons I'm really uncomfortable about any suggestions on here or from within our wider online community that people shouldn't speak their mind and voice their honest opinions about the new owners of the club and our current CEO.

After everything that's happened over the past couple of years it actually makes me feel pretty sick that some people would be playing mind games and spreading bad vibes and fear amongst fellow Bears as if people are an "enemy within" and all that dross if they don't support and trust our CEO and his largely mysterious backers. It's already been proven in no uncertain terms that the time to not only be vigilant, but to ask questions and expect answers is always the present, the now, not manana or later after the shits already hit the fan and made a clusterfuck of a mess that nearly wipes out the club.

Of course everyone should be able to do all that, I only object to the way the likes of comeoffit went about it.

Obviously by that same token if I strongly disagree with the views and maybe think someone is being unfair to the individual in question then I should be able to say so. But i'd certainly never suggest anything along the lines of "enemy within", all fans have their views with the best interests of the club at the forefront.

Of course everyone should be able to do all that, I only object to the way the likes of comeoffit went about it.

Obviously by that same token if I strongly disagree with the views and maybe think someone is being unfair to the individual in question then I should be able to say so. But i'd certainly never suggest anything along the lines of "enemy within", all fans have their views with the best interests of the club at the forefront.

I wasn't referring to you sir. I might have been referring to Leggo and one or two other bloggers though.... ;)