rangers fans fall into a trap

there is more to it than that. what exactly was it you didnt like? what was so wrong?

I didn't like that it harms the club!

Just because our enemies condemn something a section of our support has done doesn't mean I'm obliged to take the opposite point of view.

We know the TV companies turn up the sound from the crowd during our games and turn it down during their's

ESPN were clearly running an anti-Rangers policy today on behalf of our enemies. They actually turned the crowd mic volume up during the game in the second half after they had reported the song sheet issues. It was like look, look what these terrible Rangers fans are singing, have a proper listen, here, we'll turn the volume up for you so that you can hear it, be disgusted and send complaints off to all and sundry about the big bad sectarian Rangers fans... Here, listen to this.....

The ESPN folk who did that are working to an agenda... the same agenda as our enemies at places like Pacific Quay, the Record, channel 4 and all the other places employing the un-secret cabal of Rangers haters who want us dead and buried.

Edited by Zappa

It's not a question of siding "with the enemy", this is a straight forward case of a right side and a wrong side.

"right" and "wrong" are completely subjective things and it can often be argued that there's no such thing really, no such black and white, only shades of grey based on differing opinions and viewpoints. I think that's essentially what amms has been saying regarding the "fuck off Mike Ashley" banner on the other thread.

I didn't like that it harms the club!

Just because our enemies condemn something a section of our support has done doesn't mean I'm obliged to take the opposite point of view.

do you know why it harms our club? because cowards within our support could not be arsed to stand up against those who conspired against us to defend their right to sing, speak and think what they want. those same cowards think they can now sing what rights they lost and no one will say anything. they are idiots mate.

do you know why it harms our club? because cowards within our support could not be arsed to stand up against those who conspired against us to defend their right to sing, speak and think what they want. those same cowards think they can now sing what rights they lost and no one will say anything. they are idiots mate.

The "why" is irrelevant. When you wear our colours, you represent our club and you should behave in an appropriate manner.

I know other clubs have problems but that doesn't make it okay.

You can't condone it.

Here's an idea. It's a bit radical, but bear with me.

How about we go to games and sing songs in support of Rangers? How about our songs have nothing to do with "******s" 'kaffliks" or "popes"?

How about, instead of pointing fingers at imaginary conspiracies, we point the fingers at the knuckle dragging fuckwits who are so obsessed with their own personal agendas that they behave in a way which damages Rangers in the eyes of the world and destroys all of the hard work everyone has put in since last February?

0he fact is, no matter how some might try to deny it, thanks to decades of brain-dead, sectarian fuckwittery, Rangers became a toxic brand - which was a large part of the reason that everyone wanted to see us dead.

Now we have this chance of renaissance, the chance to start afresh and put out a message about what we as a club and as a support stand for. So far this message has reverberated around the world; our loyalty, steadfastness and refusal to bend to injustice has gained admirers from every continent. We have shown that Rangers is truly a world figure in sport. Honestly, how many other clubs do you think would have responded as we have done to the situation we were in.

(And by the way, GS, I disagree with you mate. The ten point deduction for administration was fair; for everything else, they have stuck the dagger in whenever and wherever they could. As I have said before, I'm a dyed in the wool Scottish nationalist; but when it comes to football; fuck league football in Scotland. We should go wherever is best for Rangers. )

But now, when we have the chance to redefine the narrative of our club, the 1690 FTP brigade are actively hijacking it and turning us back into the toxic brand we had become. These posturing proddies are actually doing more damage to us than any legion of Timmy reporters or BBC editors could hope to do.

These people are, to quote Shakespeare " a fucking disgrace and a fucking embarrassment, and the sooner we get shot of these fifth columnest cunts the better for us all".

I think it was from Twelfth Night.

"right" and "wrong" are completely subjective things and it can often be argued that there's no such thing really, no such black and white, only shades of grey based on differing opinions and viewpoints. I think that's essentially what amms has been saying regarding the "fuck off Mike Ashley" banner on the other thread.

You're right, and the Mike Ashley banner is a perfect example.

"Don't prostitute our heritage" makes the point about renaming Ibrox. "Fuck off Mike Ashley" is just mindless abuse.

Believing that organised, heirarchical religions are self-serving and corrupt is an opinion. Shouting FTP is antisocial neddery. (As is shouting Fuck Alex Salmond / The Queen / Leonard Nimoy).

Edited by Thinker