Why was ex-Celtic media man Tony Hamilton at the Rangers game on Saturday?

We are the ones who have to set the standard for all of football.

We have to be perfect before anyone looks at fans of any other club. And we have to find the magic solution to societies neds continuing to be neds at the football ground - the solution no other football club or association has managed to find in over 100 years.

Until we do that we have no rights.

I see the argument behind this but it doesn't give the full picture.

We have a problem here that is not present at many other clubs. Essentially, yes, the crux of the matter is that there is a minority amongst our support who can't go to a game of football without getting pissed up and acting the proverbial cunt. But the complication is that they do it in a way that sets alarm bells off at a higher level.

When supporters vandalise the place, swear at random passers by or generally act like a hooligans, society tuts and shakes its collective heads. Mention anything racist, homophobic, anti-semitic or sectarian and the authorities and press come down on you like a ton of bricks. It's this specific aspect that we need to address.

I see the argument behind this but it doesn't give the full picture.

We have a problem here that is not present at many other clubs. Essentially, yes, the crux of the matter is that there is a minority amongst our support who can't go to a game of football without getting pissed up and acting the proverbial cunt. But the complication is that they do it in a way that sets alarm bells off at a higher level.

When supporters vandalise the place, swear at random passers by or generally act like a hooligans, society tuts and shakes its collective heads. Mention anything racist, homophobic, anti-semitic or sectarian and the authorities and press come down on you like a ton of bricks. It's this specific aspect that we need to address.

The alarm bells don't go off at higher levels they go of on Kiddiefiddler St and the Tim machine moves up a gear.

And I would rather be arrested for calling someone a ****** Bastard, than the Celtic MO of putting young ball boys in hospital and running around football grounds knifed up looking for a fight while singing sectarian songs. As for the rest of the Go Home Ya Hun brigade all over Scotland I must be hearing things.

Rangers have a very small problem with a tiny hardcore minority, (who have been very quiet for a long time) compare that to some of the other clubs in Scotland who never get a mention in the sectarian debate. Then I think you will get a clearer picture of where the real problem lies in Scotland.

I do agree we need address the in-balance I just can't see where it's coming from, because we the fans can't the Tims and the media have put us in a box, mention Celtic and they scream bigot end of argument.

Edited by GovanAllan

The alarm bells don't go off at higher levels they go of on Kiddiefiddler St and the Tim machine moves up a gear.

And I would rather be arrested for calling someone a ****** Bastard, than the Celtic MO of putting young ball boys in hospital and running around football grounds knifed up looking for a fight while singing sectarian songs. As for the rest of the Go Home Ya Hun brigade all over Scotland I must be hearing things.

Rangers have a very small problem with a tiny hardcore minority, (who have been very quiet for a long time) compare that to some of the other clubs in Scotland who never get a mention in the sectarian debate. Then I think you will get a clearer picture of where the real problem lies in Scotland.

I do agree we need address the in-balance I just can't see where it's coming from, because we the fans can't the Tims and the media have put us in a box, mention Celtic and they scream bigot end of argument.

The "Tim machine" certainly does work against us, but they haven't single-handedly created the current atmosphere where anyone promoting an "ism" gets hammered.

There's a perfect example of what I'm talking about on TV tonight: West Ham vs Tottenham. It may be on a lesser scale, but the principle is the same. West Ham fans are going to be closely watched folowing anti-semitic behaviour at the opposite fixture earlier in the season. They should be able to control since it's a home game, so I doubt there will be any trouble. But the club has responded in the perfect way. The Chairmen's statement:

“We have made it very clear that we will not tolerate any form of discriminatory behaviour and, one by one, we will root out those fans that do not deserve to represent this great club of ours. We must be clear that we will pursue the harshest sanctions against any individual who goes against what we stand for as a club.”

Like I say, there's a general rule that you can shout anything you want as long as it isn't someone-ist. Zenit fans have been roundly condemned for their "We don't want any more black players" statement a few weeks back, and rightly so. 5 or 6 years ago in England there was understandable uproar when Sol Campbell got abused for being "allegedly" gay - yet Sean Wright-Philips gets hit with the chant of "Who's your real dad" and that's seen by many as being banter. Go figure.

Basically we have to stop using deragatory terms aimed at generalised groups of people. I don't have a problem with that.

May I inquire ... AFAIK, only TBB (who was sung about once) and and FTP addition have been banned?

Ironically, the only song I perceived as being naughty was the chant asking "Who sh*gged all the boys?", who was actually sung after the ESPN chap apologized for the singing! That was probably the reason why the Rangers media team deemed it necessary to apologize for the "inappropriate singing". It was the ESPN chap who instantly went the sectarian route, which is still kind of mindboggling, given the IRA-feast that happenes wherever the Scum plays. It's essentially like shot-gunning a fly, but missing the mammoth behind you.

As for this Tony-guy, I wonder whether he's also working for FARE and was the one who blackmailed us back in Eindhoven.

The Billy Boys was sung at least twice.

The song the "complaints" had been about will have been the same one that we got f*&ked for in Eindhoven, No Pope of Rome.

The Billy Boys was sung at least twice.

The song the "complaints" had been about will have been the same one that we got f*&ked for in Eindhoven, No Pope of Rome.

i actually dont see a problem with that song. it is merely a rejection of their cult.

Neither do I but WTF is the point of singing it inside a football ground in the full and certain knowledge that it causes harm to RFC?

Well actually I didn't know, NPOR was on the offended list.

The F word yes and telling the chief Peado to go forth and multiply yes.

Whether it should or shouldn't be sung at a football ground aside, just what is offensive about NPOR.

Well actually I didn't know, NPOR was on the offended list.

The F word yes and telling the chief Peado to go forth and multiply yes.

Whether it should or shouldn't be sung at a football ground aside, just what is offensive about NPOR.

To me there is nothing offensive about it but that's not the point.

The point is those singing it inside a football ground do so in the full and certain knowledge that it harms RFC.

There is no list of "banned songs" as such.