McCulloch in defense???

Reports on the RFC website saying that McCulloch could be due for a return shortly.

If that is the case, would it be prudent to have him back in the center of defense, rather than up top. A the moment Andy Little is doing a fine job of scoring, but the defense is a complete shambles....Could big Jig bring a bit of organisation to that area, and show a bit of leadership from the back???

No he;ll play him up front and put our "best right winger" in Andy Little on the right!!! Nah to be serious for a minute we have lost stupid goals like we lost last night even when McCulloch has been in the team so I don't think it would make a great deal of difference. Kuznetsov I don't think it matters what age they are to be honest. If our bright new era includes Mr Hegarty at centre back then we have serious problems

No he;ll play him up front and put our "best right winger" in Andy Little on the right!!! Nah to be serious for a minute we have lost stupid goals like we lost last night even when McCulloch has been in the team so I don't think it would make a great deal of difference. Kuznetsov I don't think it matters what age they are to be honest. If our bright new era includes Mr Hegarty at centre back then we have serious problems

oh i think it does mate. we have or rather had a chance to blood players into positions for our future. guys like alexander, mcculloch and cribari will need replaced meaning more change to an already disjointed team.

Matter of fact, after Hutton's no-show again, I'd play him in the holding midfield role away from home. For he offers factual protection to the defenders and at set-pieces.

And while I see people start moaning again, I don't view football as something utterly static. People should get a certain place on the field from the off, but that shall not stop them from switching places once opportunity arises, like Little dropping off to the right for a time and McCulloch becoming another striker. What became obvious last night was the fact that the team lacks cohesion at times and lacks a leader with authority on the park. At times we were all over the place, Little looking for the ball on the half-way line and no-one was actually up front. It all made Stirling look better than they are, but as I said elsewhere, this Rangers team is a long way from being even a half-finished article ... and hence my criticism knows its bounds.

Deary me....I thought it was only McCoist who could create McCulloch in defence threads by playing him there. Big Jig is a striker, he always has been and always will be. Play him there only.

I agree up front is his best position but he must play at centre half until the end of the season as a stop gap unless someone from the reserves can make the step up.

I agree up front is his best position but he must play at centre half until the end of the season as a stop gap unless someone from the reserves can make the step up.

short term desperate fixes in the bottom tier. deary me. things are worse than even i thought.