Ally - Not Wanting To Put Pressure On The Lads

"â??We put equally as good, if not better, balls into their box from set-plays and they headed them away."

I love Ally but does he really believe that nonsense. Our set-pieces were utterly dreadful and have been for a number of years.

Blacks deliveries in particular are predictable and most of the time dont get past the first man. Strange comment from our manager. The last players I remember putting decent set pirces in were Albertz and Van Bronckhorst!

"â??We put equally as good, if not better, balls into their box from set-plays and they headed them away."

I love Ally but does he really believe that nonsense. Our set-pieces were utterly dreadful and have been for a number of years.

More food for ammunition for some, which was obvious.

But Frankie, honestly, he simply said that we put more balls into their area than they did and simply did not put them away mainly due to lack of height and aggression. Don't fall into the trap of the negative mantra too. That 7 out of 10 balls into the box were poorly executed is the next matter and sure did not go amiss with him either. And he can't rectify it on hindsight.

Or what do people want here? That those who dragged us through the Third and have essentially gained us unchallenged promotion to be slaughtered by their manager too out there in the open?

More food for ammunition for some, which was obvious.

But Frankie, honestly, he simply said that we put more balls into their area than they did and simply did not put them away mainly due to lack of height and aggression. Don't fall into the trap of the negative mantra too. That 7 out of 10 balls into the box were poorly executed is the next matter and sure did not go amiss with him either. And he can't rectify it on hindsight.

Or what do people want here? That those who dragged us through the Third and have essentially gained us unchallenged promotion to be slaughtered by their manager too out there in the open?

Hindsight? that would seem to suggest he hasn't taken note of our previous performances for our failure to defend set pieces and our inability to profit from our own set pieces has been blindingly obvious to anyone who's witnessed us play, the manager is every bit as culpable as the players in this respect perhaps more so.

he actually uses the words "equally good, if not better" from the quote frankie posted which is utter nonsense because we didnt and which also means he is talking about quality and not quantity. its a desperate time when folk have to make up stuff to defend the manager now.

If we were playing 8 or 9 kids people would be more tolerant of results like yesterday.

I know some are injured, but we've had the option of Cole, Hegarty, McLeod, Hutton, Aird, McKay, Walsh, Naismith, Crawford etc. Players like Black, Cribari, Shiels and Sandaza have kept the youngsters out even when they've been off form, and that's plain wrong.

So Ally has made an arse of this season results and performance wise, but for me his team selections are even worse.

Hindsight? that would seem to suggest he hasn't taken note of our previous performances for our failure to defend set pieces and our inability to profit from our own set pieces has been blindingly obvious to anyone who's witnessed us play, the manager is every bit as culpable as the players in this respect perhaps more so.

And you think that by default he does not even try to address the problem in training? I think he does and time and again his players are either lacking the quality (incl. experience) or the discipline on the field of play. And he does not have other personnel to throw on at the moment. (Then again, he might use Gasparotto ... who gave away a penalty yesterday afternoon.)