Charles Green on singing

â??We want to be in a position where we can go to UEFA with our heads held high."

True

"This is something we can stamp out. "

Mmmmmm....having been there when Willie Waddell tried to, I have my doubts. Overly optimistic

"It has no place in society "

Not in a normal society where fair play and non-apartheid-in-reverse takes place, no. But you're in Scotland now, my cheery Hovis Bread advert grown up man

"and definitely not in Charles Greenâ??s Rangers.â?

Who are they? Some new team? I'm shocked. I thought I was still going to see The Rangers. The team I first saw in Baxters' last few games before heading off (sadly)....and saw again when he came back...and with Colin Stein the same and all the way for coming up to 50 years now. "Green's Rangers", eh? You could not make it up.............even Whyte would have struggled to be that brass-necked

Edited by SteveC

“We want to be in a position where we can go to UEFA with our heads held high."

True

"This is something we can stamp out. "

Mmmmmm....having been there when Willie Waddell tried to, I have my doubts. Overly optimistic

"It has no place in society "

Not in a normal society where fair play and non-apartheid-in-reverse takes place, no. But you're in Scotland now, my cheery Hovis Bread advert grown up man

"and definitely not in Charles Green’s Rangers.”

Who are they? Some new team? I'm shocked. I thought I was still going to see The Rangers. The team I first saw in Baxters' last few games before heading off (sadly)....and saw again when he came back...and with Colin Stein the same and all the way for coming up to 50 years now. "Green's Rangers", eh? You could not make it up.............even Whyte would have struggled to be that brass-necked

Mock offence if anyone is seriously bothered by that.

Nothing mock about it, offended by the mindset that could come up with it even if it was from someone who actually owned the club. Were I a Chelsea fan I'd cringe at Abramovich saying "Abramovich's Chelsea" though that would at least be true.

How does "Murray's Rangers" or "Whyte's Rangers" grab you? In both cases it turns my stomach, but both were far truer than "Green's Rangers". Or have I missed something and he actually is the owner?

It's just grandstanding, boastful "look at me" - sorry but I don't like this in any walk of life. When it is related to my/our club - it really grates. He really is a bit of a Billy Liar/Too big for my boots character at times.

Edited by SteveC

Nothing mock about it, offended by the mindset that could come up with it even if it was from someone who actually owned the club. Were I a Chelsea fan I'd cringe at Abramovich saying "Abramovich's Chelsea" though that would at least be true.

How does "Murray's Rangers" or "Whyte's Rangers" grab you? In both cases it turns my stomach but both were far truer than "Green's Rangers". Or have I missed something and he actually is the owner?

He runs the club and is the face of it from the boardroom.

It's just another phrase for saying Rangers under his guidance. Like I say, mock offence.

He runs the club and is the face of it from the boardroom.

It's just another phrase for saying Rangers under his guidance. Like I say, mock offence.

If he keeps it up he will turn Rangers Supporters against him, silly thing to say.

"Like I say" seems to mean something to you stronger than the lexical import contained therein. So, I answer thusly:

a) "like I say" It is not mock offence but symptomatic of something deeper, something that is already apparent in the utter mis-guidedness of threatening to ban innocent people "without appeal" for not grassing on best pals/not endangering their own safety.

b) "like I say" - We never talked of "Marlborough's Rangers"

We can agree to disagree but "like I say" proves only you are agreeing with yourself, be you correct or incorrect in your assertion(s).