Billy Davies - Did We Miss A Trick

Shush mate, Billy Davies is the saviour of choice amongst those in the know. It's clear to see he could take a decimated,embargoed team and get them playing silky football in SFL 3. I mean come on, he's taken his team to fifth in the Chamionship, what more proof do you need?

Our opposition seem able to play some decent stuff.

Our opposition seem able to play some decent stuff.

I don't see the relevance, but generally speaking I agree that compared to our performances our opposition have been able to raise their game against us very well indeed. I'm sure their fans are proud.

I don't see the relevance, but generally speaking I agree that compared to our performances our opposition have been able to raise their game against us very well indeed. I'm sure their fans are proud.

It flies in the face of the notion that we can't play football because it's the Third Division.

It flies in the face of the notion that we can't play football because it's the Third Division.

Like I've said before. If we played the same type of football, we'd be criticised. It would be called anti-football.

It's OK for them to use those tactics against us because it gets results and they deserve praise for effort and comittment required for it to work. It doesn't make it pleasing on the eye.

Like I've said before. If we played the same type of football, we'd be criticised. It would be called anti-football.

It's OK for them to use those tactics against us because it gets results and they deserve praise for effort and comittment required for it to work. It doesn't make it pleasing on the eye.

I disagree, if anything these teams have shown more attacking intent than us much of the time.

I disagree, if anything these teams have shown more attacking intent than us much of the time.

I disagree. At times they've taken their chances better. I'll concede that much.

We don't have our problems to seek.That much is obvious, but I believe that if the opposition were to be playing a more open game there wouldn't be as many complaints about the quality of football on show.

Not that I'm blaming them. Afterall, what do you expect them to do to try and get a result against us?

I do think it needs to be taken under consideration though when all the flak is being directed at Ally and the players.

If Billy Davies was as good as is made out hre would have been picked up by much better than Derby , a desperate Notts Forest , et all , at best a mid table championship manager , he been down there for years , christ even big eck got better gigs

If Billy Davies was as good as is made out hre would have been picked up by much better than Derby , a desperate Notts Forest , et all , at best a mid table championship manager , he been down there for years , christ even big eck got better gigs

Nobody claims he's the next coming of Jose Mourinho but he's way above what we have now.

It's those pesky Div3 teams that's making it so hard for poor wee Ally, everybody behind the ball its just not fair.:roflmao:

It's got nothing to do with what is or isn't fair. You must have missed or chose to ignorer my comments regarding their choice of tactics so I'll spell it out for you...

Fair play to them.

They're using the best choice of tactics available to them. It spoils the game as a spectator sport most of the time when either team chooses to use those tactics, but it's the result that counts. For most of the teams we've played at this level it's worked at least to the extent of keeping the scoreline respectable and at most taking a share or all of the points. For them it's only common sense.

For us it's frustrating for the players, coaching staff and fans alike.

Do you think when we nulified far better teams than us in Europe using the same tactics that it was a joy to watch?

Sometimes it was ...on the odd occassion, but most of the time it was nerve-racking for some and like watching paint dry for the rest. It was the endeavour and achievement of results that made it worthwhile. How did the teams we played those tactics against react though. Some took it on the chin, but even some of the best of them threw the dummy out.

Why? Because there's no easy solution to overcome them other than putting the ball in the back of the net. That's why.