It's obvious who we have to get in...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=elvis-still-missing%26method=full%26objectid=18203500%26siteid=66633-name_page.html

Not a long term solution but we need someone half decent in now to lead the back line and Pressley fits the bill and importantly we should be able to get him on the cheap and his wage will fit into our wage structure.

If PLG and DM can't see a solution that's handed to them on a plate then I don't have much hope for their decision making.

I don't think he's PLG's sort of player. There's not been anything linking us with him. He's still under contract so I can't see Hearts letting him go to us. PLG has quite a few central defenders on his books already. Signing someone like Elvis would be admitting some of his guys just aren't good enough. etc.

IMO we need someone who has played in the Scottish/British game for a while and short term anyway Elvis would do for me. Never thought we would ever be in a such a state that I would say that but that's how bad we are to even think of getting someone like him back again!

If we did sign some foreign player who didn't settle or take to the Scottish game quickly then he would be another waste of time and money as we need players playing now not in years to come!

Russel Anderson is a good defender but unless we sign somone more commanding to play with him he wouldn't be my first choice buy in Jan. That is if we buy anyone!!!!

I was trying to think who else would fit the bill. The first two names that I think of are Pressley and Davie Weir. Its that sort of player with experience we need. He can be past his prime, that's not the important thing. We're lacking leadership, organisation and basic defensive skills at the moment. They're not long term signings, but I'd rather see us spend some dosh on a proven player than wasting yet more on a no-name from Europe as that's obviously not working.

Who else fits the bill?

I was trying to think who else would fit the bill. The first two names that I think of are Pressley and Davie Weir. Its that sort of player with experience we need. He can be past his prime, that's not the important thing. We're lacking leadership, organisation and basic defensive skills at the moment. They're not long term signings, but I'd rather see us spend some dosh on a proven player than wasting yet more on a no-name from Europe as that's obviously not working.

Who else fits the bill?

I agree Mike.

I don't think we have the luxury of trying to find "the next big thing". Right now we lack a commanding, aggressive CB - Pressley may not be everyone's type of player but he is both of those things. And the bonus is that with him being frozen out at Hearts I think we could get him on the cheap - I think that, in the short-term, this is a win-win for us.

We don't have much money and we bring in a guy that gives us a bit of what we need at the same time as not spending a bunch of money.

I would take Pressley as a short-term measure.

If we're looking for someone to fit the bill then i think money would be more wisely spent on Russel Anderson rather than Steven Pressley.

To be honest i think Pressley is over-rated, no doubt his leadership qualities, organization shine through but i think his positional sense etc gets over looked.

Wheras Anderson is younger and i rate him higher than Pressley. But you know Aberdeen will be hell to deal with.