TRS - Green Brigade Disgrace Scottish Football Again

By Chris Graham

First of all my apologies for speaking about an Irish Republican political group on a Rangers site but the continuing attempts to shoehorn the Green Brigade and the Union Bears into the same pigeonhole has prompted this response. When journalists and politicians start treating the situation with the Green Brigade honestly then I wonâ??t have to write about them ever again. Something I look forward to.

http://www.therangersstandard.co.uk/index.php/articles/current-affairs/235-green-brigade-disgrace-scottish-football-again

Great article from Chris, nobody I know knew about this. Can you imagine if that was Rangers fans it would all over the news outlets, but its Celtic the poor wee oppressed victims and its just the craic so it is.

Things in this country have got seriously skewed in recent years and all its doing is building animosity and resentment at a time when things were getting to a level of calm never before seen.

Questions have to be asked as who it benefits to ramp up that animosity and why?

I had the misfortune to accidently bump into a Republican march around the Science Centre area yersterday and it was truly depressing. Why have these guys suddenly become uber-Irish/Celtic fans all of a sudden? I had many mates when I was young who were Celticfans from Irish descent and this stuff just was never on the agenda. Does this new wave of Irish Republicanism run parallels with the young pro-active and angry Muslim communites in the UK? As above, this wouldn't happen in Muslim communities back in the day?

I know this might sound like a stoopid question but what the hell are Irish "Republicans" in this country marching for? Is IT a United Ireland? If so why have these marches in Scotland? Surely if they felt that bad about living in this horrible country they should move back to the country they love and organise marches/protests/meetings about their desired "end game".

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

I had the misfortune to accidently bump into a Republican march around the Science Centre area yersterday and it was truly depressing. Why have these guys suddenly become uber-Irish/Celtic fans all of a sudden?

I reckon it's to do with the fact that they are now the undisputed richest and most powerful club in the country; they are top dogs, top of the pile,

This does not sit easily with their 'downtrodden, persecuted, victim' ethos and mentality and so they are desperately casting round for anything that lets them be the victims - hence their provocation of the police at the weekend - or that gives them the moral high ground, which is why they try to wrap any decent political or social cause in their filthy flags and claim it for their own.

Although, strangely enough, they have been absolutely silent on human rights abuses visited upon children by a certain religious organisation.

I know this might sound like a stoopid question but what the hell are Irish "Republicans" in this country marching for? Is IT a United Ireland? If so why have these marches in Scotland? Surely if they felt that bad about living in this horrible country they should move back to the country they love and organise marches/protests/meetings about their desired "end game".

if only it was as simple.

they march for anything. . usually related to irish racism and anything else they feel like they can shout the victim card about.

they will march for ira terroists who starved themselves to death in prison

bottom line is they march against everything and anything

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

They have no interest in football, they infiltrated the Celtic support to further their agenda of Republican terrorist support. If it kick off in Ireland again which they would hope it does. The Green Brigade will be on hand to supply aid and logistics to the murderous campaigns imo.