Ger'd your loins! Glasgow Rangers will be playing in England within FIVE YEARS

â??When you say the English FA and Football League donâ??t want us, when you look at some of these clubs, Portsmouth have gone bust three times in four years. Two English clubs have come to me and said: â??Buy us and close us down. Take us for free and take on the liabilitiesâ??.

I think that the English FA closed that ' American franchise' idea when Wimbledon was moved to MK and became MK Dons. IIRC the club could only be moved within a small distance from their home ground i.e. West Ham to the Olympic stadium is acceptable as it is in the same parish, but Chesterfield to Glasgow would be unacceptable.

I just wish CG would be quiet and concentrate on securing our place in the next league up in whatever reconstructed system we find ourselves! Talk of English football is fine, but it's a pipe dream now. Let's focus on getting a team together that can compete at the next level - whatever that is.

It's just sensationalist nonsense from the Mirror to try to sell more rags. They got a Charles Green exclusive and chose to exploit it by asking him about the one sensationalist subject he's happy to keep harping on about. The Mirror writer who wrote it did a counter article to go alongside this one by getting some exclusive quotes from an ex-Celtic player who thinks it would be bad for Scottish football. Make of that what you will.

I'm irritated by the stupid pun 'Gird your loins' as though 'gers' could be pronounced like the 'g' in girl. Years ago when we had a premium phone line that's how the geezer reporting on it said it. Not only that but he then calls us Glasgow Rangers; we were named after an English Rugby club called The Rangers.

I'm irritated by the stupid pun 'Gird your loins' as though 'gers' could be pronounced like the 'g' in girl. Years ago when we had a premium phone line that's how the geezer reporting on it said it. Not only that but he then calls us Glasgow Rangers; we were named after an English Rugby club called The Rangers.

I really don't have a problem with anyone calling us Glasgow Rangers. We sing it ourselves at every game afterall.

To me we've always been simply 'Rangers'. Not 'Glasgow....' or 'The....' but I do see those as part of our identity unlike 'The New...', 'Newco...' or worst of all 'Sevco...'